Chicago
stargazer wrote:

Works fine for me. I'm using BGB 1.5.1, on OSX Yosemite.

Which Wine engine did you use? Any guesses why it might not be working for me? I've been putting off installing Yosemite, so I might try that and see if it helps.

SLC, UT

Wine 1.6.1, installed via WineBottler. WineBottler sucks, but it's pretty much the easiest way to install wine. Just download it and copy over wine, but not wine bottler. Be careful too, his download page is scam central.

Chicago
stargazer wrote:

Wine 1.6.1, installed via WineBottler. WineBottler sucks, but it's pretty much the easiest way to install wine. Just download it and copy over wine, but not wine bottler. Be careful too, his download page is scam central.

That worked for me. Thanks for your help!

SLC, UT
QuietMind wrote:
stargazer wrote:

That worked for me. Thanks for your help!

No prob, glad I could help.

Sweeeeeeden

As of 2015-04-01, BGB is Gatsu, a multi emulator suite with support for GB, GBA, NES, SMS, SMD and Atari Lynx.

https://bgb.bircd.org/

In case of any confusion, that was an April's fools joke.

If you missed it: https://bgb.bircd.org/gatsu.html

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Apr 2, 2015 12:45 am)

Sweeeeeeden

New version.

https://bgb.bircd.org/

New in BGB 1.5.2 (2015-08-17) - Fixed a large number of bugs and problems, including: glitches in pokemon linking. Screensaver now doesn't start if you play with gamepad. Crash/stability fixes. Many small improvements, including efficiency improvements. Added support for more joypad axes (xbox 360 controller). Various debugger GUI improvements including local symbols.

Sweeeeeeden

Added specification links for developers. Especially the link cable emulation might be of interest.

RTC save format specification - Real time clock save file format, for games like Pokemon Gold/Silver.
MBC2 save format specification - Specification of the save format for the MBC2 cartridge memory controller.
BGB 1.4 link protocol - The protocol for interfacing with BGB's link cable emulation.

Great!
I was reading the link port specs...
I see that you can 'remotely' control buttons, but can you control the directions?
Thx

Unsubscribe

man if someone hacked midi control into the remote control!!

If we simply forward the incoming midi bytes to the emulated link port, will it beheave like an arduinoboy? or is there more processing involved?

Unsubscribe
cyberic wrote:

If we simply forward the incoming midi bytes to the emulated link port, will it beheave like an arduinoboy? or is there more processing involved?

You would need something to do what the arduinoboy does, ie convert midi serial data into the serial data the gameboy is looking for.

NUMBSKULL
herr_prof wrote:
cyberic wrote:

You would need something to do what the arduinoboy does, ie convert midi serial data into the serial data the gameboy is looking for.

Does anybody have a good document the explains the Gameboy's serial? Is it just UART?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

I experience a bug whenever I try to do dual LSDJ where it stops the link after a certain amount of time. No matter how many times I reinstall or change settings it still happens.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Sweeeeeeden

Did you try upgrading to 1.5.2, released just a couple of days ago?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
nitro2k01 wrote:

Did you try upgrading to 1.5.2, released just a couple of days ago?

I should probably do that! tongue I'll update you if it doesn't work.

I've managed to sync two BGB instances and it works, but really slow, to the point it becomes unusable sad
That happens for you too?