Hey guys, are there any emulators which can make using two lsdj's easier? I know its a pipe dream but having a combined 4 pulse, 2 wave, 2 noise emulator set up without having to switch windows constantly would be awesome! Thanks in advance for your responses

NUMBSKULL

BGB. Read the manual. It works with wine on Mac and Linux.

Los Angeles, CA

If you want a windows program that can make a lot of chip sounds, you should look into famitracker.

Agree with MrWimmer here. Not just because of my preference for Famicom sounds, but also because FT is very user-friendly and it's very easy to compose on it. And once you have something solid on FT, you can easily port it to your 2xLSDJ set without the need to worry about emulating 2 GBs at once.

NC in the US of America
Mrwimmer wrote:

If you want a windows program that can make a lot of chip sounds, you should look into famitracker.

+1, but Famitracker will NEVER be able to replace the experience of writing music in LSDJ. Sure it can make a lot of chip sounds, but it can never replace the LSDJ experience, nor are its expansion chips capable of doing what 2xLSDJ can do 1v1. But it's still awesome and worth giving a fair shake for it's own sake.

To directly respond to the original question, there is an android emulator called "My OldBoy" that has link cable support, but I've never tried uit and have no idea how it would deal with the need to have the audio output of the linked emulated gameboys synced together.

San Diego, CA

you might want to look into grabbing a daw (free or otherwise) that has input monitoring capabilities

and then, depending on the emulator, you can use a digital audio cable to route the emulators' output into the daw

and you can even go one further and map the start button on both emulator instances to the same button

even with hardware though I just got really good at hitting start on both gameboys at the same time and then put each gameboy's speaker up to a different ear

those were different times

Thanks for the replies, I'm using bgb's link mode i haven't really tried famitracker before so ill try that too, but i love the sound of lsdj's wave channel and controller interface.