Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Hey peeps

The lsdj cart I got has 2.something on it... is there a way I can update the cart?

Do I need a cart flasher thingy?

Forgot to add that it's a GBC cart... not a proper flash cart... not sure if it's a legit lsdj cart but it's kinda seethrough with green insides...

Or should I leave it as version 2.whatever?

Thanks!

Last edited by Pix Retro (Mar 4, 2016 10:13 pm)

Michigan

Thats couldn't be any more vague. lol
Post a picture of the cart if you dont know the specific hardware details.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Oops... blame the booze... although I could have been more vague!! tongue

Hope this helps?!??! Not a flash cart... I think it was one of the carts made with it on... can't find my gameboy to open it up...

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Wtf?? Lol... gamebit not gameboy!!!

Austin, TX

If there's no usb mini port, then you need a flasher device.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

So something like this?

https://www.tindie.com/products/JRodrig … -gameboy-/

Would that mean I could flash any cart with this or will this cart have a special chip?

Ta!

Last edited by Pix Retro (Mar 4, 2016 11:34 pm)

NUMBSKULL

Where did you buy that? Witht he painted shell, it's probably a regular cart with the rom replaced. It might not even be flashable with a programmer.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Ebay... sad

Is there any way to check without buying the flasher?

Also does that mean I can mod GBC carts to use with normal gameboys? I saw the tutorial for a custom flash cart and I bought warioland 2 but decided to keep the game cause when I bought a 64mb flash cart I got a 32mb flash cart thrown in for free by accident... but both don't like my gb pocket since I destroyed my dmg screen... sad

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Found my gamebit!!!

Phew!!! It is a flashable cart!

I'll start hunting out a cart flasher then!! May even see if I can get the chips from somewhere and build my own!!! big_smile

Michigan

Never seen that one before. Can you try to locate where pin 31 of the ROM chip connects to?

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Mar 4, 2016 11:52 pm)

NUMBSKULL

Uh is that an MBC1 taken out of an official cart? LSDJ won't work on MBC1 right?

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Oh... it seems to work better with the gb pocket better than the other flash carts... which do the contrast to zero thing when pushing start... was suprised to see the battery too... isn't that why the other carts crap out??

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Umm... better dig my specs out... give me 5 mins!

Michigan

MBC1 allows for max 2MByte ROM and/or 32KByte RAM, so although it should support the ROM, it will not hold that many songs. IDK what 32K gets you...

And about the pocket comment: the EMS64 carts are very power hungry. What you have there is pretty basic. In fact its as close to official as you can get.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

It goes to the 2nd pin from the top left of the mcb1a chip... and a nintendo logo!!

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Might see about getting a replaceable battery thing tho...