Adelaide, South Australia

This is bloody amazing!

Tennessee

hey I just got a TI-83 & the battery contacts are totally messed up and batteries wont work on it but I was wondering if I put new "back up" batteries in it in the slot above where u put the AA's if it will still work.

Glasgow, Scotland.
frank angotti is dead wrote:

hey I just got a TI-83 & the battery contacts are totally messed up and batteries wont work on it but I was wondering if I put new "back up" batteries in it in the slot above where u put the AA's if it will still work.

If I'm not mistaken, the backup batteries only hold charge for a limited period of time to allow you to swap out the AAs without losing what's stored in RAM - so it wouldn't let you use HT in a meaningful way.

Tennessee
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
frank angotti is dead wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the backup batteries only hold charge for a limited period of time to allow you to swap out the AAs without losing what's stored in RAM - so it wouldn't let you use HT in a meaningful way.

ahh damn, time to get a new one then...thank you!

France

you can probably use a metal brush and clean those contacts

Nomad's Land

Yeah you can clean the contacts and put in a new backup battery (CR2032 or whatever). You will loose all RAM when you do this, so afterwards you need to install HT2 again.

Tennessee

I haven't even been able to put HT2 on it yet so there will be no loss once I do this...think I'll take it apart and let the contacts soak because I did take a wire brush to them but there are still some spots in there I think maybe affecting it..thanks guys!

France

CR2032 would be too big, the battery size for the backup is CR1620 (or CR1616 but I think they last shorter and are more expensive).

I've just bought a pack of CR1620 to change the backup batteries on my TI so I won't loose any work.

I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be possible to connect the TI to a 6V psu for powering it...

Last edited by garvalf (Mar 24, 2016 10:09 am)

Nomad's Land

Ok, so I found and eliminated one critical bug that was freezing/crashing HT2 when pressing ALPHA,) (mute all channels). unexpectedbowtie, could it be that that's what caused that last crash in your case?

In any case, if anybody wants to upgrade, just grab the latest builds directly from the github repo. Or just stay away from the "mute all" function big_smile

Glasgow, Scotland.
irrlichtproject wrote:

Ok, so I found and eliminated one critical bug that was freezing/crashing HT2 when pressing ALPHA,) (mute all channels). unexpectedbowtie, could it be that that's what caused that last crash in your case?

In any case, if anybody wants to upgrade, just grab the latest builds directly from the github repo. Or just stay away from the "mute all" function big_smile

I think that may well have been the problem! I'm going to upgrade now.

Thanks a lot man!

Nomad's Land

Alright! I guess those "temporary" freezes you were talking about are unrelated to this however, so let me know if you run into any of those again.

Glasgow, Scotland.
irrlichtproject wrote:

Alright! I guess those "temporary" freezes you were talking about are unrelated to this however, so let me know if you run into any of those again.

Will do!

Italy

2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter cables has been added on Kitsch-bent!
I'll buy the gold-plated one.
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/2- … ter-cables

Nomad's Land

HoustonTracker 2.20 is out now! Comes with improved speed control, and several new effects. Also, HT2 now ships with ht2util, a simple savestate manager which you can use to import tracks from older versions (some manual adjustments may be required though). For a full list of changes, see the original post.

Get HT 2.20 at http://irrlichtproject.de/houston
New demo tune at https://soundcloud.com/irrlicht-project/hrd-4-da-money

And last but not least, a vid to demonstrate some of the new features.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Very useful features! Excited to update when I get home.

Oregon

I've been prowling craigslist for a cheap TI for weeks now. Can't wait to try this!