NUMBSKULL

Just thought I'd also plug the thread I started in hopes of improving the arduinoboy documentation. The plan is to release a printable single page booklet as a PDF, as well as markdown on the github repo.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/18179 … mentation/

Madriz, Supain

that'd be neat

NUMBSKULL

Just tested this out, indeed you must send notes on channel 16.

UK

I did try setting my oxygen v8 keyboard to midi channel 16 and sending notes to the arduinoboy, with both combinations of orange and red wire connections, and even tried using the midi out port instead of midi in, and tried both ends of the midi cable and have run out of ideas

Any other ideas would be highly appreciated big_smile

UK

I would also like to note that I am turning on the gameboy first, and navigating to a phrase screen, and then plugging in the arduino boy and using the onboard button to switch to keyboard. My lsdj cartridge remembers that it is set to keyboard sync

Lake Titicaca

Wow! We have the same tea towel...I think it is a universal towel type.

UK

Indeed, they are all over the UK, industrial standard used by companies i believe

Lake Titicaca

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 6, 2016 12:54 am)

UK

I have new development on this. After switching the wires around as mentioned on this thread, I have been able to get the LED's on the arduinoboy moving and blinking in sync with the time of a song playing in LSDJ. Arduinoboy now appears to listen for changes in sync setting in LSDJ and reacts to LSDJ in Master. So I know the wiring is correct now, it seems that the keyboard issue was the problem- either something wrong with my midi cable or keyboard. So thanks guys

UK

For future reference, with a DMG-04 GB Link cable, blue was gnd, green was A0,  Red is was A1 and orange was A2 on the arduinoboy i took a picture of (lowtoy)

Sweden

You can check the cable if you have a multimeter with continuity mode. It should match the Arduinoboy picture.

Have you tried any of the other modes? There might be less risk of MIDI ch problems with the mgb rom.

UK

I havent tried the mgb rom as I havent had time to get files transferring from arch linux onto my cartridge, but for now im happy with it syncing. I am going to buy a multi meter to save myself time in future, thanks for the advice