UK

Done some research on this and ive still got a few unanswered questions. Wondered if anyone here might be able to help me out.

So Ive got it running on my arch linux laptop, the sound outputs fine (ran into problems with jack falling back to SDL but it sounds fine so not touching it for now)

Does midi sync work on linux? I cant find the answer online. Has anyone experienced this working and did you have to jump through a bunch of hoops? My plan is to sync with LSDJ through arduinoboy. I have a second laptop, would my time be better spent sticking windows on it and running LGPT from there?

Cheers

UK

Forgot to mention, I also have a raspberry pi 2 model B that I could run this on. I was planning on doing this in a few months time when I have some cash to buy a small screen, mouse and keyboard

I believe midi sync would be capable whether or not the OS comes into play if it's available via software, i think the only issues you may face would be latency.
not super experienced with LGPT and linux, but i put Peppermint OS on my netbook and have been itching to experiment. will let you know if midi is capable going in via usb.

Unsubscribe

Yea it works! If it doesnt, you should try reinstalling alsa-midi.

Linux has the tightest midi of all the desktop os imo.

Europe

how to make it work on 64bit debian?

Unsubscribe

Have to compile from source mayhabs
https://github.com/Mdashdotdashn/LittleGPTracker

Unsubscribe
mt12345 wrote:

how to make it work on 64bit debian?

I spent some time messing with this, and you can install the 32bit architecture, but then I was in dependency hell.

In contrast installing a 32bit ubuntu only required me to instal SDL and I was in business!

Geneva, NY

I'm currently fighting thru this. I have yet to get piggy working in a 64bit Linux environment. Any suggestions would be most welcome. In the meantime, I'll plow forward and report back here if I achieve any successes.

Geneva, NY

GOT IT! Do these on the command line and you'll be good to go!

sudo apt-get install libjack0:i386

sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian:i386

That will get the old-ass version of piggy working. You shouldn't be using old-ass piggy. You should be using the latest ghetto (trust me, it's stable). To do that, you need to also install this:

sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins:i386

IL, US

i'm liking this flurry of bleo posts. i've missed you man smile

Geneva, NY

Leave it to obsession with dominating a linux challenge to get me back. But yeah, glad that my pain yielded three simple commands to get piggy rocking on x64 linux for the masses!

Unsubscribe

I thik the only problem with that would be if someone wants to use that linux for non piggy things and they expect newer versions of those things

Geneva, NY

I'm not sure it overwrites the x64 versions. It may install em parallel?

NUMBSKULL

Stupid question: what's the appeal of running piggy on a pi? I'm seriously wondering if there's an advantage over say a PSP or something. Is it just the ability to easily do midi stuff?

IL, US

Yeah, it's the MIDI smile

Geneva, NY
catskull wrote:

Stupid question: what's the appeal of running piggy on a pi? I'm seriously wondering if there's an advantage over say a PSP or something. Is it just the ability to easily do midi stuff?

More RAM means more samples, but 32 MB of samples should really be more than enough, right?