Lake Titicaca
e.s.c wrote:

gay jokes, etc...

As a matter of fact, I did not make gay jokes.
I merely asked the question "Is chipmusic gay?".
My suspicion concerning this matter was aroused because there had been numerous references to Rick Astley on chipmusic.org. Rick Astley is a musician who is clearly popular in the LGBTQ community.
I also clearly stated that I have no problem with people being gay.
Actually, I really feel like I have been a victim of discrimination on chipmusic.org for not being gay.
Said discrimination was not coming from gay chipmusicians at all. In fact I was mobbed and insulted regularly by non-gay chipmusicians who were using gay stylings in their music and art as a form of cultural appropriation. Thus I began to use the term "pseudo-gei". I consider this term to be non offensive and an accurate description. Take the music videos of the artist formerly known as prince as an example of this descriptive term.
The artist formerly known as prince was clearly a heterosexual man and yet he was very flamboyant and borrowed heavily from gay culture in terms of fashion, dance and musical style.
Personally I resent being labelled as a homophobe simply for asking an innocuous question and would like to state for the record that I have absolutely nothing against gay men or women.

IL, US

you do realize that was meant as a warning, not an invitation to debate. if you click on the "view forum moderators" link at the bottom of the page, you'll see that i have rejoined the staff. leave your persecution complex for your twitter feed, no one here is discriminating against you, they're just calling you out on your faulty logic

montreal, qc
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

...In fact I was mobbed and insulted regularly by non-gay chipmusicians who were using gay stylings in their music and art as a form of cultural appropriation.

...And I think we're done here.

Lake Titicaca
e.s.c. wrote:
spacetownsavior wrote:

I'm honestly surprised you haven't been banned yet considering your shitty attitude toward everyone here

that's still a possibility in the future should he continue making personal attacks, gay jokes, etc...
keep things civil please

May I ask, in your opinion do the examples of personal attacks against myself listed below seem civilised to you based on your definition of civility?

protodome wrote:

you’re just Johan Kotlinski’s music bitch.

e.s.c wrote:

total twat...

e.s.c wrote:

go fuck yourself

e.s.c wrote:

you're either a troll or just a dick

DeerPresident wrote:

What a cunt.

spacetownsavior wrote:

Real Jerk...deluded

fudgers wrote:

dumb

spacetownsavior wrote:

like a brat

spacetownsavior wrote:

shitty attitude

protodome wrote:

you've let your mother down

ilkae wrote:

trying to instill some knowledge into a brick wall

All this refusal to accept the truth, followed by these personal attacks...is it simply because I'm a mexica individual?

rochester, ny
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Actually, I really feel like I have been a victim of discrimination on chipmusic.org for not being gay.

wow

IL, US

the irony is that i actually said we should give you the benefit of the doubt when the topic of your behavior was raised by another staff member..
regardless, you've been warned. the only reason i was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt was because you insulted me directly, if you'd done that to another member i'd have been less inclined to let it slide

California
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

I didn't take screenshots but I'm p sure you did in the Welcome to CM.o thread before nitro2k01 came in and you edited out your posts

Brighton/Southampton
chunter wrote:
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

If anyone can find any mistakes or suggest any improvements please let me know.

- "Capital" roman numerals are for major chords in the classical system.

- "Lowercase" roman numerals are for minor chords, though in jazz analysis ii7 and II-7 are equivalent.

- Suspended chords are not used like the others and don't belong on that chart.

- This system is fine for beginners, but ensures that after a point, your music will sound weak and square.

- You don't need to worry about your music being ripped off by anyone.

- Try bringing this subject up after you've had 2-3 more years of study.

- Ignore the advice you've been given at your own peril.

(For the benefit of anyone else) Yeah all of this. Also, Jangler's point about not sticking to the natural minor; I recommend familiarising yourself with the harmonic minor first. I also recommend knowing the definitions of words. And yeah, as many others have said, music theory isn't a set of rules you have to stick to for composition, but it's useful to know so that you can communicate with other musicians as to what you're doing, or understand what a piece of music is doing, enhance your own composition etc. Loadsa useful stuff.

I'll chime out of this discussion now; we're getting nowhere. I'll add that if any cm.org users have any music theory related questions, I'm alright to help out. I've studied this shit for years so I like to think I at least know something on the subject. I'm sure other users will also be willing to help.

using gay stylings in their music and art as a form of cultural appropriation.

Really couldn't care less as to whether people do this or not, for the record. Also I do not like the term 'pseudo-gei.'

Last edited by Fearofdark (Apr 27, 2016 12:18 am)

Lake Titicaca

For the record I do not like the expression "what a cunt" or the expression "music bitch" or the expression "you've let your mother down".

Also, regarding the use of roman numerals to describe scale degrees please check the wikipedia link I posted on the previous page so you can all see, once and for all, that you are all wrong.

There was a time when absolutely everyone in europe believed that the earth was flat and that dinosaur bones they had unearthed were the bones of giants mentioned in the bible. Many of them were 'scholars' who were highly regarded professors at renowned universities. May I ask, were they correct in their assumptions or not?

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 27, 2016 12:35 am)

Lake Titicaca

Major and minor scales   

The degrees of the traditional major and minor scales may be identified several ways:

the first, second, (major or minor) third, fourth, fifth, major or minor sixth, and major or minor seventh degrees of the scale;

by Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4 ...)
sometimes with carets above them.

by Roman numerals (I, II, III, IV ...)

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 27, 2016 12:56 am)

Lake Titicaca

On chipmusic.org, if you try to share a tracker cheat sheet which details many arps and chords (all in key, so you can't even make a mistake), everyone will attack you, call you a retard, insult your mother, then call you a cunt. Following this they will proceed to say you are a homophobic and senseless person.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 27, 2016 12:45 am)

vancouver, canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

On chipmusic.org, if you try to share a tracker cheat sheet which details many arps and chords, everyone will attack you, call you a retard and insult your mother, then call you a cunt.

post a tune

Lake Titicaca
ilkae wrote:

Honestly, I'm only still reading this out of the faint hope that he posts a link to one of his tracks so that I can throw a trap beat on top of it and flip it on youtube.

Lake Titicaca

post your tracker cheat sheets...its a thread about music theory in chipmusic

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 27, 2016 12:52 am)

Lake Titicaca
VCMG wrote:
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

I didn't take screenshots but I'm p sure you did in the Welcome to CM.o thread before nitro2k01 came in and you edited out your posts

pseudo...

1. not genuine; sham.
"a pseudo Georgian facade"

2. pretentious or insincere.
"his lyrics sound like pseudo intellectual rubbish"

synonyms:   

bogus, sham, phoney, imitation, artificial, mock, ersatz, quasi-, fake, feigned, pretended, false, faux, spurious, counterfeit, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, assumed, contrived, affected, insincere;

vancouver, canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

post your tracker cheat sheets.

i don't use any; primarily i write by ear and construct instruments / chord voicings from scratch every time.  it's served me well enough for my own personal satisfaction but as a hobbyist amateur, i could certainly use some of FearOfDark's tried-and-tested musical wisdom and might just take him up on his offer more formally.

ok, i've posted some music.  your turn.