(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.

I want to install some RCA's into an original GBA, but I cannot for the life of me find the exact place to solder to for pre/post pot since soldering from the wheel won't work correctly (from what I've heard).

Anybody have a guide or some sort of picture showing where the cable's supposed to go?

Thanks!
-Sam

Atlanta, GA

Following thread. I remember boaconstructor saying he had a friend do it and then they never did commissions after that point so I never ended up getting one modded with RCA :\

Poland, Gdansk

Maybe THIS will help

Atlanta, GA

I wish that were just a BIT higher resolution, but that's a cool thing. I will see if I have a spare AGB board and test the points in that area to see what needs to be done. Thanks SB

Poland, Gdansk

these are s01 and s02 points which I think connect to the cpu and the third one is GND

hires photo

if you could make a comparison it would be great,

NUMBSKULL

IIRC, doing a prosound on the GBA isn't really worth it. Like it doesn't do anything. Joe Bleeps was playing around with it a while back and I think that's the conclusion he made.

NUMBSKULL

Oh or are you just wanting RCA jacks to plug into your mixer or something. In that case, still not worth it IMO. Just get a cable the goes from 3.5mm to rca.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
scannerboy wrote:

Maybe THIS will help

Exactly what I was looking for!!

Atlanta, GA
catskull wrote:

Oh or are you just wanting RCA jacks to plug into your mixer or something. In that case, still not worth it IMO. Just get a cable the goes from 3.5mm to rca.

to be honest, I want to get RCA out on top so I don't have cables coming off the front-side of my table that are easily unplugged if my hand happens to bump them while picking up "deck 1" or "deck 2" to change patterns

Atlanta, GA
scannerboy wrote:

these are s01 and s02 points which I think connect to the cpu and the third one is GND

hires photo

if you could make a comparison it would be great,

thanks! I just dropped 16 bucks shipped on a 3rd GBA to test this out with. I should have results somewhat soon

Czech Rapublic / UK
catskull wrote:

IIRC, doing a prosound on the GBA isn't really worth it. Like it doesn't do anything. Joe Bleeps was playing around with it a while back and I think that's the conclusion he made.

I thought it should be working as a noise cancellation as you should skip componets as potentiometer etc. which generates hum noise or am I wrong? I would like to make this as well in hope of clear audio output.  There were several threads as this one http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8529/ … sound-mod/ but there wasn't clear and succesfull conclusion.

Atlanta, GA
Eggstempo wrote:
catskull wrote:

I thought it should be working as a noise cancellation as you should skip componets as potentiometer etc. which generates hum noise or am I wrong? I would like to make this as well in hope of clear audio output.  There were several threads as this one http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8529/ … sound-mod/ but there wasn't clear and succesfull conclusion.

I'll be documenting my process and results, so keep an eye out for that. I'll make an imgur gallery or something

Tacoma WA

why would you want RCAs is something i never figured out.  rubberband around the gameboy with the cable going back up and around for strain relief always worked for me to keep it from accidentally getting unplugged

Dresden. Germany

Hi guys,
some time ago I found a dude on facebook who gave me some advice on doing a GBA-SoundMod. I tried it out and it works wonders. Here's a few pics of him and of my works:
http://imgur.com/a/UiQyp
And here's a sound sample of the Mod:
https://soundcloud.com/mistertriac/bells-wip
Compared to the normal sound from the headphone-jack, the sound is way louder, bridges the volume control and alot less noisy.

Last edited by MisterTriac (Jun 7, 2016 9:57 am)

Czech Rapublic / UK

Thanksss for sharing..

Czech Rapublic / UK

I've tryed to make my GBA promod. It's a bit tricky but technicaly possible. I have solder everything according to TRIAC's recipe but although the audio signal come out of my RCA sockets there is unfortunately loud noise as well. Does anybody have similar experience?