https://www.facebook.com/littlescalemus … mp;theater

Warwickshire, UK

Promising

kansas city

Maybe soon we can start talking technique

http://www.little-scale.blogspot.co.nz/ … g-old.html

Might interest a few of you...

Adelaide, Australia

I've got a queastion for anyone using a GenMDM with a standalone MIDI keyboard (i.e without using a computer).

Do you get polyphony when you play? Is there a MIDI CC to turn on/off polyphony?

Thanks!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
freezedream wrote:

I've got a queastion for anyone using a GenMDM with a standalone MIDI keyboard (i.e without using a computer).

Do you get polyphony when you play? Is there a MIDI CC to turn on/off polyphony?

Thanks!

I'm not 100%, but I don't think the Teensey code does poly on one channel like say the Midibox SID synth engine. Think it's pretty much one channel per voice, so for a cord it would have to be sequenced on 3 or 4 channels all set to the same patch.
Yogi

Russia

I have teensy and can make connector, but what about cartridge? Can anybody tel how to get this cartidge, or can I get flash cartridge for sega and load rom (is it rom anythere)? Sorry for stupid question, 84 pages cant be readed quickly.

Unsubscribe

no one has released the rom.

Russia
herr_prof wrote:

no one has released the rom.

Nobody can buy and make it yourself. Thanks Kotlinski for his modesty)

Glasgow

Looks like it's time to invest in a Yamaha FB-01..
Anyone else used similar Yamaha's FM units? There's a few I'd like to try.

IL, US

fwiw, i got rid of my mdm to replace it with an fb01. i love it, just a matter of getting used to the patch editing software

NUMBSKULL

I'm looking at one of these bad boys:

It's basically an MSX with a built in FB-01...

Finland

(deleted double post)

Last edited by el-bee (Dec 5, 2016 9:28 am)

Finland

Ok so it's been I don't know how many years; I'm not getting the Gen MDM I paid for nor getting any response whatsoever from Seb let alone a refund. Guess it's safe to officially call Sebastian Littlescale Tomczak a f**kin douchebag.

Whilst digging for any leads on Seb or the GenMDM, it turned out that apparently the project was part of some doctorate work (thesis?) for University of Adelaide back in early 2011.

So related to this paper I was also able to download an archive of files, I'm guessing it's a dump of the data portion of the CD which was submitted with the paper. Put both of these up for grabs here:

Research paper: http://bit.ly/2h9rYdV
Related files: http://bit.ly/2gXJpgN

Anyone who has Everdrive or such, care to test if the included MD binary runs fine?

Michigan

Wrong tree, my dog. Your barks fall upon deaf ears.

Finland
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Your barks fall upon deaf ears.

Yeah quite likely, but I'm well used to this by now thanks to all the silent treatment from Seb wink

I decided to write here thinking that maybe these files would be of interest to people who didn't get their GenMDM either. Like maybe the document & files would spark some interest / movement towards a true DIY alternative.

I did notice that in the files package, the microcontroller source folder for Genesis is empty. So that part of the build would need to be dug up from somewhere. Sadly I'm no coder and have zero experience with Arduino, so I don't know what kind of options there would be (if any). For instance, could the firmware be dumped from some GenMDM that Seb actually managed to ship..? Or given that it seems to be designed as a generic platform to MIDIfy various retro systems, could the Arduino source for other platforms be forked to work for Genesis? At least the 68k source seems well-documented, so maybe that could point the way?

Anyway I'm interested in getting some kind of kind of Genesis MIDI interface in return for money (& time) wasted on Seb's false promises. I did use the 32-bit FMDrive VSTi for some time (while barking up Seb's def ears) but sadly had to give up on it as it was too much of a buggy turd when wrapped to work on a 64-bit host.