france

Cool smile

Last edited by oliver (Jul 8, 2016 5:02 pm)

The Forest, WA
oliver wrote:

I think I love you oh based nanoloop dev :3

The Forest, WA

I haven't read thru most of this thread cuz it goes off a Lil but I was wondering if this will have analog sync options like nl 2.7.9 ?

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jul 10, 2016 2:52 am)

Melbourne

yeah, the site says it has the same sync options as a nanoloop one cart

The Forest, WA
pselodux wrote:

yeah, the site says it has the same sync options as a nanoloop one cart

Oh woah it's been a while since I've been to nl .de  thanks for the lookout !

added the second oscillator to the square wave channel, now working on filter LFO / envelope. here is a short example with slight detune of the squares:
https://soundcloud.com/nanoloop-test/na … -test-loop
noise now sounds much like the Game Boy's internal noise generator and it's nice to run that through a filter.

West Yorks, UK

Take my money

Melbourne

sounds wicked. I'm not personally a fan of the GB-style noise channel, but hey I'll work with it.

The Forest, WA

Oliver this just keeps getting better !

Oregon

Please let me buy it. I'm begging.

pselodux wrote:

sounds wicked. I'm not personally a fan of the GB-style noise channel, but hey I'll work with it.

there are two styles
the base for the n channel is the white noise of a noisy amplifier (thermal noise i think). this noise can run through a sample & hold circuit with adjustable frequency, which sounds similar to an LFSR like the Game Boy's. the second stage is a filter.
both effects can be contolled independently.

instead of noise, two square waves may be used. this is not yet implemented, but i hope to achieve more hihat-like sounds with them later today.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 15, 2016 5:21 am)

Melbourne

yeah, my money is ready! I'm definitely gonna keep some aside so that when it's done (don't rush oliver! all good) I can buy it right away big_smile

OK, square waves as noise source don't work. because they aren't actually mixed but just binary ANDed (or ORed), they're too tonal and the noise part is very harsh.

so on the n channel you can choose between raw / filtered / modulated noise or dual square wave tones like on the r channel (but with a less bassy filter).

Melbourne

oh, excellent! I didn't see your earlier reply somehow but that sounds perfect. Sometimes the gb noise comes in handy, but sometimes I like it a bit softer for EBM snares big_smile

Sounds like it'd be a really good match for nanoloop 2. I've been kinda wanting to get some more acidy tones out of nanoloop!

The Forest, WA
pselodux wrote:

oh, excellent! I didn't see your earlier reply somehow but that sounds perfect. Sometimes the gb noise comes in handy, but sometimes I like it a bit softer for EBM snares big_smile

Sounds like it'd be a really good match for nanoloop 2. I've been kinda wanting to get some more acidy tones out of nanoloop!

Have you tried getting your hands on a nl 2.0.1 cart . You can make tb 303 like acid sounds with this version but lacks sync options and is hard to make good drums for me at least