Cookeville, TN

Pink backlight, internal prosound. $85 shipped with tracking to anywhere in the US.
This thing is pretty gay.

Melbourne, Australia

i would love this but i'm in australia

Cookeville, TN

I don't mind shipping outside of the US, it'll just cost a little more. Shoot me a PM, yo.

Is the Gay Boy still for sale?  I'm entranced by its gayness.

Ardèche, France

Gorgeous. Too bad I don't have money for this, and anyways I'm not in the US.

Last edited by Adzetko (Aug 5, 2016 11:13 am)

Southampton, UK

I made an account just to find out more about this! How did you paint this!?

you have no idea how much i want this..

Unsubscribe

RIP Gil Baker
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39462530

Glasgow, Scotland.

I bought this back in December and it still hasn't shown up sadly. At this point I don't think I'll ever get my money back either. hmm

Abandoned on Fire

I commissioned a custom gameboy as well and never got it. Paid in advance and waited to long to do a paypal dispute. Sucks. Lesson learned. hmm

Edit: this was last year some time

Last edited by egr (Apr 2, 2017 2:16 am)

Atlanta, GA

josh-smosh didn't seem like the type to do that... I hope nothing bad happened to them sad

Glasgow, Scotland.

Yeah, Josh said he couldn't take PayPal which I thought was odd, so I worked out a direct bank transfer. Trusted him because he is part of the community, but at this point I am really displeased. The right thing to do would be to refund the money.

Cookeville, TN

@UnexpectedBowtie: HeyHiHello, I've been messaging you as best I can through Facebook, and I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication this week, I have been *insanely* busy. I was actually just talking about this with someone earlier today, saying if I wasn't able to figure out where tf your DMG went, I would assemble a new one and re-ship *with international tracking this time*, totally out of my own pocket (I was planning on making a few more Gay Boys anyway, after noticing a bit more interest in them in both this thread and on Facebook). I'm either about to start shipping international orders with non-optional tracking (which unfortunately is fairly expensive), or stop doing international orders altogether, because this is like the third time an international order has gone missing and it's driving me crazy.

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

josh-smosh didn't seem like the type to do that... I hope nothing bad happened to them sad

I really appreciate the support and concern. I've... kinda been put through the wringer over the past year. I'm not too keen on making the details public, but it's a combination of life dealing me a shitty hand, and honestly my own personal failure to handle things as best as I probably could have. Had multiple massive anxiety attacks and went AFK/MIA for a few months last year. Ended up literally running away for a little while. Fun stuff. (Sarcasm. That was sarcasm. It wasn't fun.) It took a while but things have gotten a *lot* better. Been eager to ease back into the modding/chiptune scene for the past few months, but things were SUPER-slow-going for a little while. Actually just declared in my personal friend circles last week that I'm back in a fully operational position and ready to start churning out some cool stuff again. Hopefully after the issues with the Gay Boy and with Arnie's commission are taken care of you guys can start seeing more from me pretty soon.

@EGR: Hi. Long time no see. or... speak. Or something. Coincidentally I was going to message you on Facebook later this evening. I'm still going to message you momentarily, but I do want to publicly acknowledge the fact that this is totally and completely 100% my fault and I take full responsibility for it. This has actually been eating at me for a pretty long time now. I was really excited about your order- both because of what specifically had been ordered, and because honestly, you're a super rad dude and one of the people I kinda look up to in the community. I know in the past we'd kind of kicked around the idea of potentially doing some collab work on some Game Boy Colors and I was hoping your DMG could've helped kind of segway into that. I really, really hope this isn't coming off as me trying to be a suck up or something. I'm kind of worried it is. But I'm running on like two hours of sleep right now and can't think of a different way to word it. I do mean this genuinely though. Anyway, I'm rambling- This is my own fuck up and I sincerely apologize for it, and for how I've handled it, or rather how I didn't handle it. As previously mentioned, I basically quit the internet as best I could for a little while and hid/ran from most of my problems, which was a ridiculously stupid thing to do. I'll be messaging you personally in a few minutes to try to sort this out.

If anyone else would like to get in touch with me directly for any reason, the best way to do so is still to email me at [email protected]. I haven't been keeping up with PMs on CMO (only reason I caught this thread was because Nanode sent me a personal message on Facebook), but my email is setup to go straight to my phone again, so I'll do my best to respond to those ASAP.

-Joshua

EDIT: ohjeez, I didn't see the thing about Gil Baker until just now. Rest In Peace, dude. hmm

Last edited by Josh-Shmosh (Apr 3, 2017 2:50 am)

Glasgow, Scotland.
Josh-Shmosh wrote:

@UnexpectedBowtie: HeyHiHello, I've been messaging you as best I can through Facebook, and I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication this week, I have been *insanely* busy. I was actually just talking about this with someone earlier today, saying if I wasn't able to figure out where tf your DMG went, I would assemble a new one and re-ship *with international tracking this time*, totally out of my own pocket (I was planning on making a few more Gay Boys anyway, after noticing a bit more interest in them in both this thread and on Facebook). I'm either about to start shipping international orders with non-optional tracking (which unfortunately is fairly expensive), or stop doing international orders altogether, because this is like the third time an international order has gone missing and it's driving me crazy.

Do please let me know what is happening either way. I understand being busy, and I understand life getting in the way. I also understand issues with postage, but it's coming up for 5 months since I sent the cash, and communication has felt like pulling teeth at times. I also happen to be pretty busy wink and would just like some sort of action at this point rather than vague promises.

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.

Still no reply. hmm

Austin, TX

Time to ask for your money back?

Last edited by HimsyPimsy (May 11, 2017 4:00 pm)