I had to go back 2.7.9. As soon as I update it changed all my chords down a step in all my songs, and the new change in the noise channel didn't really mix well and sounded rather dirty with my tracks sad

Is there supposed to be an arp mode on the S channel, or does that only work on R and L? I'm not too experienced with NL2 and the manual isn't super clear on this. I see the little square change shape when I toggle the L button, but I'm not hearing a change in the sound.

It's supposed to be a toggle between chord and unison modes, but I think it's broken. I actually don't miss it as much as I initially thought.

Overall I'm really happy with 2.8.2. There are a few things that I'm still trying to get my head around, but the sound is the best it's been since 2.7.2 imo. I even almost have my goth snares back.

Also, the distortion at lower volumes is actually really good for what I'm doing. Last night I experimented with low sub tones on L and R beating against each other, distorting the mix and periodically obliterating the S and N channels; it's opening up really interesting new sound design possibilities that I never even thought about before big_smile

Last edited by pselodux (Sep 11, 2017 11:36 pm)

is there a way to upgrade if you already have a 2.7 cart without buying a brand new cartridge?

the USB-MIDI or any device that allows you to run the update ROM, e.g. a flashcart or a multiboot cable.

do i need to pay any extra for the updated rom?

no, you dont.

This is great Oliver! Although I have two questions...

Does any of your recently posted hardware 'mods' still apply or are they redundant with this new anti-noise in 2.8 ?

Secondly,

I have a couple of songs made on 2.7.6 that completely change when updating to any superior version.. So I've actually downgraded back to 2.7.6 to keep my songs in harmony. If I update to 2.8 without updating the waveforms, will my songs sound the same as on 2.7.6 but profit from the denoise ?

Last edited by ScanianWolf (Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm)

ScanianWolf wrote:

Does any of your recently posted hardware 'mods' still apply or are they redundant with this new anti-noise in 2.8 ?

The noise filter mod is pretty much obsolete. It still reduces the remaining hum, but the change is not significant and not worth the effort.

ScanianWolf wrote:

I have a couple of songs made on 2.7.6 that completely change when updating to any superior version.. So I've actually downgraded back to 2.7.6 to keep my songs in harmony. If I update to 2.8 without updating the waveforms, will my songs sound the same as on 2.7.6 but profit from the denoise ?

There are two types of change in sound: The wave forms and the way pitch envelopes are generated. With the new pitch table, I have tried to get as close as possible to the old ones, but certain settings still sound different. The change was more drastic in 2.8.0 and has been corrected in 2.8.2, which is closer to 2.7. So if you haven't yet, I'd suggest to try 2.8.2.

The wave forms are not that different. However, 2.8 uses wave forms for "GB noise", too. If you use 2.8 with 2.7 waves, "GB noise" will be mute.