What's new:

- Pitch modulation for S
- Relative chords (base note + intervals)
- View notes as values or bars, setting is saved

Bugfixes:

- sync mono and analog gear lag-free
- no more tempo glitch when loading empty patterns with A+<>

Audio Quality:

- DMA hum removed almost completely

Update via browser: https://www.nanoloop.com/update/nlmidi.html

Manual: https://www.nanoloop.com/two/nanoloop28.html

Noise / hum on GBA depends on model revision, volume setting and battery level. At low battery and low volume, the hum is still audible on some units, but the reduction is still significant. On other units, sound is very clean, SP-like.

france

smile Will update now smile

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

- Pitch modulation for S

omg!

Poland, Gdansk

I noticed that the bass distorts a lot more now on higher volumes

Melbourne

I noticed that too, but imo part of the charm of nl2 is its distortion! I think I saw something about it being a tradeoff between distorting sometimes and hum, so I guess this new version boosts the volume a bit more..?

sounds great on the micro btw! Hum/whine is still there, but much less prominent.

i'll have a look at the LFO and volume tables and correct them if possible.

Poland, Gdansk

Its interesting that I didnt have any issues with the LFOs on old patterns but I had one pattern (on the S channel) that completly ignored the note values and I had to delete it and write it from scratch.

Also I have one issue with a pattern (on the L channel) that has pitch bend on an arpeggio that sounds bad after the update.

Last edited by scannerboy (Jul 15, 2017 3:54 pm)

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

Noticed that the detune mode is gone (channel S)
Also, the first note of a chord (absolute mode) doesn't change a tone. It's value changes though.
upd. Chords on N are also gone but lfo there can do similar things

Last edited by bitwise (Jul 16, 2017 11:13 am)

Poland, Gdansk
bitwise wrote:

Noticed that the detune mode is gone (channel S)
Also, the first note of a chord doesn't change a tone. It's value changes though.

But only in the old absolute values mode? Thats why I had an issue with the S channel pattern

Last edited by scannerboy (Jul 15, 2017 4:32 pm)

Poland, Gdansk

double post sad

Last edited by scannerboy (Jul 15, 2017 4:32 pm)

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

2.7.9.2, if someone wants back
IMO the sound changes quite much with the update, but hum elimination and better sync are quite a big deal smile

Last edited by bitwise (Jul 18, 2017 8:31 am)

2.8.1 will come tomorrow, with more 2.7-like sound and unison.

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

woah heart

Last edited by bitwise (Jul 16, 2017 11:58 am)

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

2.8.1 will come tomorrow, with more 2.7-like sound and unison.

Is it possible to add a filter cutoff modulation option for the R/L channels, as per S? Or, even cooler, an option for pulse width modulation..?

Last edited by pselodux (Jul 16, 2017 1:31 pm)

france

I had issue with the sound volume on some pattern on 2.8, but it is not a big issue. I use a lot of really low volume, and I think you rework some stuff which make the volume a little quiet.
I have raised the sound, so not a problem.
But yes the sound is a little bit different on this 2.8 version.

What I like the most on the 2.7 version is the S channel which sound really nice.
I use a lot this channel to make long pad.
If you are able to put some of these channel on other channel, it would be great smile
Nice job Oliver, I have use more these cart than some other expensive gear, and yes it's a really cool soft !