The Forest, WA

Delete.

Last edited by GLOOMS (Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm)

The Forest, WA

Guys welcome to nanoloop version 3.0 and Sega mega drive 42069 in one machine! Gettin one regardless of.... to go with my elektron gear. smile Honestly I would recommend either of the RYTMs to replace the digitakt or you can get the octatrack MKI used for a little more than the digitakt. I personally love my rytm and it syncs to my chipgear perfectly, I don’t use any of that Overbridge crap. Atleast the digitone has an arpegiator like the octatrack , which they should have added to the digitakt !

The Forest, WA

Melbourne
herr_prof wrote:

I’ve heard that about every product going back to the monomachine, so I’m not surprised.

yeah apparently they were all quite buggy in the beginning, especially the OT. They eventually got updated to become pretty solid, reliable machines though, so I still trust Elektron to get it right.

It's funny, the same people complaining about not having Overbridge for DT now are the same ones that said the DT shouldn't have been released so early. If the Overbridge features were released now without adequate testing/development, wouldn't it be the same as releasing the DT too early?

Glasgow, Scotland.
pselodux wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I’ve heard that about every product going back to the monomachine, so I’m not surprised.

yeah apparently they were all quite buggy in the beginning, especially the OT. They eventually got updated to become pretty solid, reliable machines though, so I still trust Elektron to get it right.

I'm sure they will get it right 'in the end', and I like the Digitakt enough to hang on to it until then. I just don't really want to have to wait 12 months for my £700 bit of gear to be fully functional, as a general rule. I wouldn't be rushing to buy a Digitone right at release for that reason - that's all I'm saying.

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Feb 14, 2018 11:50 am)

I think you're exaggerating the problem

Glasgow, Scotland.
Jalex wrote:

I think you're exaggerating the problem

Not really. I'm simply explaining the experience that I've had. You might not like it, but that's how it is.

I bought an expensive bit of gear which had a lot of bugs and half finished features that have a real impact on how useful it is. (Note: Overbridge has just been delayed, again, with no release date in sight (https://www.elektronauts.com/news/405), and still no way to save or backup songs off of the device). As a result of that, I personally would hold off on buying any new Elektron products at release. I've already said that I love the Digitakt and am keeping a hold of it because I know (hope) that eventually the issues will be resolved. It's really not that controversial.

Edit: Either way, this thread is about the Digitone, not the Digitakt. I've shared my experience with the Digitakt because I wish somebody had told me about these problems with Elektron before I bought one. If someone is interested in the Digitone then I think they deserve to know so they can make up their own minds whether it's worth waiting or not. That's been done, so let's not go back over the same ground repeatedly, and instead carry on discussing the Digitone. smile I'm not sold on it feature or sound wise yet, so curious to see what other folks think.

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm)

Ok! I hope your problems will be solved. I have three devices from the elektron (mnm ar and a4) and they completely prefect me. just I've seen many times how some users expect from devices much more than they can.

Glasgow, Scotland.
Jalex wrote:

Ok! I hope your problems will be solved. I have three devices from the elektron (mnm ar and a4) and they completely prefect me. just I've seen many times how some users expect from devices much more than they can.

Aye. If you want to see some real exaggeration, check out the Elektronauts forum (!).

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Jalex wrote:

Aye. If you want to see some real exaggeration, check out the Elektronauts forum (!).

yeah yeah yeah!!!! Is there an old Russian expression: do you want yellow car or go? (joke about taxi)

i hope you understand me

Melbourne
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

I wouldn't be rushing to buy a Digitone right at release for that reason - that's all I'm saying.

Too late, I just ordered one this morning tongue

edit: the bugs so far seem to mostly stem from using it with other gear. I can wait for those to be fixed, as I'm primarily getting it to use standalone (but will eventually start using it with my nord lead for additional weirdness).

Last edited by pselodux (Feb 14, 2018 10:39 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.
pselodux wrote:
unexpectedbowtie wrote:

I wouldn't be rushing to buy a Digitone right at release for that reason - that's all I'm saying.

edit: the bugs so far seem to mostly stem from using it with other gear. I can wait for those to be fixed, as I'm primarily getting it to use standalone (but will eventually start using it with my nord lead for additional weirdness).

My issues are actually more with the lack of file management standalone, but you're right - a lot of the problems were with the MIDI stuff initially.

Anyway... I'm really curious to hear how you like the Digitone! Please do post some samples and stuff smile

Melbourne

For sure, I'm really keen to get into making videos with it. I'm experienced enough with Elektron gear now that I can probably get a few solid demos together pretty quickly.

The Forest, WA
pselodux wrote:

For sure, I'm really keen to get into making videos with it. I'm experienced enough with Elektron gear now that I can probably get a few solid demos together pretty quickly.

you better send me some demos on messenger or some shit ! I wanna play too lol wink

The Forest, WA
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
pselodux wrote:

My issues are actually more with the lack of file management standalone, but you're right - a lot of the problems were with the MIDI stuff initially.

Anyway... I'm really curious to hear how you like the Digitone! Please do post some samples and stuff smile

Hey go update your digitakt to OS 1.06 before you blast it so much mate! tongue

Last edited by GLOOMS (Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

Elektron stuff prices converted to Brazilian R$ + taxes is almost the same as buying a house at the lake.

I'll keep living in my old shack with my Volca FM.