Glasgow, Scotland.
GLOOMS wrote:

Hey go update your digitakt to OS 1.06 before you blast it so much mate! tongue

1.06 doesn't address any of my issues smile Still no multi-track recording, ability to backup files/projects, no copy and paste of MIDI CC config, etc.

Melbourne

This thing is fkn awesome

London, UK
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
GLOOMS wrote:

Hey go update your digitakt to OS 1.06 before you blast it so much mate! tongue

1.06 doesn't address any of my issues smile Still no multi-track recording, ability to backup files/projects, no copy and paste of MIDI CC config, etc.

i'm in exactly the same boat as this really, except bought my Digitakt more recently after they promised Overbridge for Feb 2018.....
Also going to hang onto it for now as it makes getting a basic idea together super, super fast and it's really good fun using to control MGB.... BUT... it doesn't do what I bought it to do yet.

detroit

y'all on a chiptune forum complaining about limitations . .

Glasgow, Scotland.
barbeque wrote:

Aye. The Digitakt and the Game Boy are definitely comparable. Especially in cost.

London, UK
barbeque wrote:

I mean, point taken, but a DMG does more than it ever said on the box. The Digitakt doesn't do some of the things it says on the box yet.
I am somehow managing to make music without it obviously.

wink

NorthTtrrrway

impressive work!!

pselodux wrote:

This thing is fkn awesome

Melbourne

Just uploaded a couple more videos.. Trying to maximise a track in the same way as I would in nanoloop, but as each track can be polyphonic it's possible to overlap different sounds on the same track!

And a jam with the pattern I made in the tutorial:

Last edited by pselodux (Mar 8, 2018 12:35 am)

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

I’m tempted to get one...
Although very different there’s also the ST4 from Tasty Chips Electronics that’s intriguing me for chiptune sounds...

Last edited by GenSek (Mar 25, 2018 1:43 pm)

Melbourne

Depends on what you want to do really. Digitone can go very far away from the "chiptune" sound, and the sequencer is more immediate than a tracker (though very similar). But the ST4, with a proper tracker interface, would make it possible to create full songs easily.

I'd still recommend the Digitone, tbh.

So what’s the consensus about the Digitone now that some time is passed?
Are there any chiptune heads that use it extensively?

Melbourne

I dunno if I use it extensively.. but it is a great synth.

Having said that though, mine died the other day sad just sent it off to Elektron today for repair.

Sblam!
Ordered!
big_smile

Adelaide, Australia
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Elektron stuff prices converted to Brazilian R$ + taxes is almost the same as buying a house at the lake.

I'll keep living in my old shack with my Volca FM.

Yeah, seriously, how do you guys afford hardware like this? It's really hard to justify spending this much on one piece of hardware when there are so many (software and even hardware) options available for much less.

NUMBSKULL

Fellow dad here. Suspicion is no kids! Disposable income all around! Not to mention time...

Melbourne

Yep, no kids, no other things to spend money on really. I replaced a record collecting addiction with a synth addiction. I'm on a rather low salary (I work in publishing, it's notoriously low paying) but still manage to have ~$500/month to spend on whatever.. usually it goes into savings but I sometimes just want something new tongue

Also I sell things often.. but am settling in to a setup of permanent instruments.