Offline

Does anyone have any advice about circuit bending a playstation2? I was thinking of somehow using the audio circuitry in it with a casio keyboard. I'm a bit of a noob.

Offline
Sea of Souls

no

Offline
TSSBAY01

if you're looking to circuitbend, start with something easy. maybe a pt-1 or an sk-1. a ps2 has tons of discrete circuits that you're not gonna be able to bend.

Offline
Alive and well in fucksville

Do not destroy your ps2. Get the hang of pre-90s hardware before you destroy anything that is worth more than $10. Overclocking a cpu could be done, but that is a very advanced mod!

Offline
Chicago IL
Orgia Mode wrote:

no

yeah, no

Offline
Dallas, Texas

Go to your local thrift store and find yourself some kids toys to work on. Because A: never work on a mains powered device while circuit bending. and B: don't get in over your head before you get the basics. Surely never do both!

Offline
Rhode Island
TylerBarnes wrote:

never work on a mains powered device while circuit bending

This just needed to be stated again. Stick to cheap battery powered items where the worst thing to happen when you screw up is you're out a couple bucks.

Offline
Montreal

Get FREE MCBOOT and throw Gradius V on dat sucker.

Offline
Sea of Souls

I did once install a headphone amplifier into a FAT PS2 so I could play lewd games in private. big_smile But aside from that, I don't see how anything could be tampered with to "bend" a ps2 without having it crash on you.

Offline
SLC

hey bud, you only wanna circuit bend stuff that runs on batteries. Unless you want to die, then I'd say go for it.

Offline
SLC
Orgia Mode wrote:

big_smile But aside from that, I don't see how anything could be tampered with to "bend" a ps2 without having it crash on you.

While its not technically bending the circuitry theres alot of fun trigger stuff that can be done with controllers especially DDR pads, but i think that goes for any system not just PS2

Offline
Chicago
VCR5 wrote:
Orgia Mode wrote:

big_smile But aside from that, I don't see how anything could be tampered with to "bend" a ps2 without having it crash on you.

While its not technically bending the circuitry theres alot of fun trigger stuff that can be done with controllers especially DDR pads, but i think that goes for any system not just PS2

Absolutely right, tons of mod for any sort of controllers are possible

Dig in big_smile

Offline
The Forest, WA

just get a ps2 music making game and throw your ps2 audio through a pedal FX chain and boom there you go!

Offline
oklahoma

Do it, Man. Circuit bend that shit. You'll be the one who did it first and everyone in the future will know it by your name.

Online
Brighton

(from your gravestone.)

Because A: never work on a mains powered device while circuit bending.

Offline

no information