Shriker wrote:

Chipmusic has forward momentum and isn't an echo of childhood glory-days. Who's with me?

This is a wonderful attitude, and I think many of us have gotten to the point where we think like this, but in the face of music journalism it's pretty much a futile position to take.

Most people love and remember the music of their favorite games of days of yore, and couldn't care less about, say, the Ricoh 2A03.

Brazil

The article is ok.

Also, I don't care for exposure in the media. Here in Brazil we gave some interviews and we're actively trying to exposure ourselves and chipmusic to the masses - at least those who wants to listen. Stop whining about if it needs or not exposure. I want to make money out of something I enjoy (hell yeah capitalism).

Melbtown, Lolstralia
J&HT wrote:

and to hear the guy behind the documentary that 10k mentioned a few weeks back too.

LoL
10k and I are the same person right..... RIGHTT!

this error in judgement makes me smile ... not a better person in the world to be mistaken for ..

Nice article

San Luis Obispo, CA

Am I the only one who is tired of reading words like 'beep' and 'boop' in chip music related articles?

astral cat
Crystal Labs wrote:

Am I the only one who is tired of reading words like 'beep' and 'boop' in chip music related articles?

that's probably what it would sound like to the untrained ear.. I've seen mellow artists being described as stuff like "AN INSANE FRENZY OF BLEEPS AND BLOOPS A COMPUTER GONE MAD!!!11111" people love to sound condescending too! tongue

IL, US
an-cat-max wrote:
Crystal Labs wrote:

that's probably what it would sound like to the untrained ear.. I've seen mellow artists being described as stuff like "AN INSANE FRENZY OF BLEEPS AND BLOOPS A COMPUTER GONE MAD!!!11111" people love to sound condescending too! tongue

someone in chicago (who now is kinda in the scene) once said they got tired of the "mario jumping" sounds in my set