babylone sur l'ill

hi
im putting some ym2612 stuff here

there is more on my YT channel.
17-titles musicrom also at  > https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ftmpt
what do you think?

Adelaide, Australia

Very nice! Sounds like real game music. Great to hear someone else doing YM2612 music! I also make music in Deflemask and play it live from two Sega Mega Drives. Do you play your music on real hardware too? Looking forward to hearing more!

babylone sur l'ill

heh thanks. i dont have any real hardware, i've come to ym2612 because a friend needed muzac for a game and i had too much free time smile i was hooked with the sound of the good ol'megadrive, very underestimated and polyvalent as a music device (psg,fm & pcm at once, waaa). it can sound very different than the average 90's videogame cliché and also loud as $%§ (which is a good thing), me gusta!

btw i like your stuff too !

England

really liking ymstep+
strong vibes.

Last edited by leavelucktohell (Dec 14, 2017 10:43 am)

This is great stuff.  I'm a sucker for incremental patterns anyway!

babylone sur l'ill

how about 12ko of ghetto YM2612 drum'n'bass?

edit : remove & update

Last edited by otka (Jul 30, 2019 5:56 am)

Philadelphia

i like that Ymstep+ song.  smile

babylone sur l'ill

plastic metal XD

edit : nope

Last edited by otka (Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm)

Kentucky, USA

someday, i will learn how to use a tracker properly. need to take time to sit down and mess with it.

babylone sur l'ill

Ok this time, non-chiptune chiptune, ym2612 raw style.
Should i stop doing music?

Kentucky, USA

why stop? keep those frequencies coming!

babylone sur l'ill
adaMills wrote:

why stop? keep those frequencies coming!

thanks!
just wondering that cause ill never be able to compose hyperpolyphonic surgical-clean sonic-like tunes. i like it raw. i composed some tracks for upcoming irena-genesis metal fury game and there's always one guy ''heh its bad sound should be better blehblehbleh..."

Nomad's Land
otka wrote:

Should i stop doing music?

Oh hell no. Keep 'em coming, these are great. And tell that one guy to shove a surgical-clean shaved hedgehog up his a**
jk, your sound design is pretty solid but I'm sure you'll improve with time. And hedgehogs are rad so don't shave em.

babylone sur l'ill

hahaha thats true, thanks big_smile

Wow this is sick!