alfonsg00 wrote:
Orgia Mode wrote:

This is the power board:
https://gbhwdb.gekkio.fi/static/dmg/GM1 … d_back.jpg

Did you say the LCD "does" or doesn't" work on another gameboy.

I took the lcd board from a working gameboy and plugged it into my faulty unit. And then it worked. So the problem seems to be in the lcd board?

Yes - It could be the white ribbon cable that connects the two boards, the brown ribbon cable under the LCD, or possibly a broken contrast wheel. You can try pouring a bit of rubbing alcohol into the contrast wheel and turning it rapidly to see if it fixes the issue, but it is most likely the ribbon cables.

Apeshit wrote:
alfonsg00 wrote:

I took the lcd board from a working gameboy and plugged it into my faulty unit. And then it worked. So the problem seems to be in the lcd board?

Yes - It could be the white ribbon cable that connects the two boards, the brown ribbon cable under the LCD, or possibly a broken contrast wheel. You can try pouring a bit of rubbing alcohol into the contrast wheel and turning it rapidly to see if it fixes the issue, but it is most likely the ribbon cables.

Hi, thx for the reply, i have tried to clean the contrast wheel with rubbing alcohol, but No difference, i messured the voltage from the contrast wheel and it changed values. Also like the thread starter the screen get the strange picture when i turn off with the static thing. Can you messure with a multimeter if for example the white ribbon cable is broken?

Last edited by alfonsg00 (Oct 10, 2019 12:16 pm)

Apeshit wrote:
alfonsg00 wrote:

Now i have tested the White ribbon, it's good. Tried push the 2 black ribbon cables and No change to the picture

Removed and cleaned the contrast wheel in alcohol, No change, maybe it could be a cap issue? Because if i have the console turned on for a longer period it does take longer for the static noise to go away when i turn it off.

Last edited by alfonsg00 (Oct 14, 2019 9:19 am)