Hey everyone,

(tl;dr) Chipmusic.org should have a socialnetwork-like layout where folks share patterns and melodies on their user pages. Organiser/developper monetizes it with advertisement.

totally new to music in general but i'm learning everything on chipmachines doing chip tunes.

All i've done is basically watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UphAzryVpY by John Varney, then checked out some videos by Prof. Ethan Hein on you tube about what's called a Beat Pizza.

A beat pizza is a great way to share drum patterns, 16 steps (one bar) represented by slices and notes by colors and neat visual tricks. For example :  https://soniccharge.com/patternarium

I've been able to tap into music through chiptunes so quickly this way. I think it's worth sharing.

Man i'd love to see a facebook of chiptune drum patterns and melodies with some sort of intuitive input. I'm sure it's practically trivial , with a small team it would be easier in some and harder in other respects, but really it would be so great to try to do this correctly .

Hope this helps !

Nottingham, UK

Brittany

I'm not sure anything make sense here, but I really enjoy the weird concept of "chiptune drum pattern".

Abandoned on Fire
Gala wrote:

I'm not sure anything make sense here, but I really enjoy the weird concept of "chiptune drum pattern".

bloop blip bloop blip bloop blip bloopbloop blip

IL, US
TonicTheSeshHog wrote:

Hey everyone,

(tl;dr) Chipmusic.org should have a socialnetwork-like layout where folks share patterns and melodies on their user pages. Organiser/developper monetizes it with advertisement.

hard "no" on advertising/monetiziation of the site, and i highly doubt nitro or trash want to make this a social network.
on the other hand, there is now a dating site for noise musicians called noisedate, we can pretend that's close enough http://www.julianneandtim.com/noisedate/
but fwiw our site does already allow music uploads which then display on your user profile page here

ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

i see what you mean but a pattern is a great way to write chip music, the "pizza" is a new thing so there's some fine tuning for tones and some other idiosyncracies though, we/i need to work this out (probably just scribble some notation on the sides?). Anyway the genesis had some great chips and you could make patterns for it , depends if you want to be exclusive of  some of the best music ever made i guess. You might be missing out though !

Nottingham, UK
TonicTheSeshHog wrote:

i see what you mean but a pattern is a great way to write chip music, the "pizza" is a new thing so there's some fine tuning for tones and some other idiosyncracies though, we/i need to work this out (probably just scribble some notation on the sides?). Anyway the genesis had some great chips and you could make patterns for it , depends if you want to be exclusive of  some of the best music ever made i guess. You might be missing out though !

Italy

i highly doubt nitro or trash want to make this a social network.

This is one of the reasons I keep coming back here. Even if I'm more kind of a lurker.

Montreal, Canada

I'm not sure we're ready to take it to the next level yet. I mean, we barely know each other really... Let's wait a few more dates okay?

n00bstar wrote:

I'm not sure we're ready to take it to the next level yet. I mean, we barely know each other really... Let's wait a few more dates okay?

no i get that ^^ why not just enjoy the chip tunes first, get the media player embedded , then see what's up ? this is more a composer/producer social media idea (and it works the best for 8-16 bit instruments imho)

TonicTheSeshHog wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

no i get that ^^ why not just enjoy the chip tunes first, get the media player embedded , then see what's up ? this is more a composer/producer social media idea (and it works the best for 8-16 bit instruments imho)

The pizza method is for spicy world music. Your bastardizing the whole form!

geosgips wrote:

i'm quite sure you dont fully understand the pizza method which is just a way to represent music ... you can use HEX to represent classical music the same way you can use a pizza to represent chip tunes.

Your accusation is unwelcome and unwarranted. Act your age please !

TonicTheSeshHog wrote:
geosgips wrote:

i'm quite sure you dont fully understand the pizza method which is just a way to represent music ... you can use HEX to represent classical music the same way you can use a pizza to represent chip tunes.

Your accusation is unwelcome and unwarranted. Act your age please !

Your right I’m being a bastard.

geosgips wrote:

Your right I’m being a bastard.

this reply makes it all okay , thank you kind sir !

Abandoned on Fire

why are alt accounts talking to themselves in a thread no one gives a shit about?