New Zealand

Thanks for the info Corthax. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.
I may have this wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SRAM and ROM share the same 4Mbits of address space on the Genesis right?
If so..  in theory, would it be possible to make the tracker run on a custom cart with say... 2Mbit sram? Could be worth it for the extra space smile

Shifty Pixlz wrote:

Thanks for the info Corthax. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.
I may have this wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SRAM and ROM share the same 4Mbits of address space on the Genesis right?
If so..  in theory, would it be possible to make the tracker run on a custom cart with say... 2Mbit sram? Could be worth it for the extra space smile

I think thats possible smile but I'm targetting Everdrives in the first place. Not everyone is able to make their own carts, also you need to be able to dump your SRAM from it to save songs.

0.11a is here smile Introducing some basic CSM mode, also few bugfixes.

Sea of Souls

Keep up the good work!

0.12a released. With some attempts on adding pcm playback smile The idea is to have a big single sample and then assing start/end regions within it to notes. 4 banks * 96 notes total.
U can replace it with your sample using hex editor for now. I need to make a rom patcher though.
Quality is not good, IDK if and how can I fix that. Need precise sofware timer cuz to poll YM2612 timers I have to halt the Z80, which playing pcm, resulting delayed=pitched down samples =\
Tempo now in BPM (correct with NTSC).
Hanging notes at stop may be fixed in next update, forgot to disable interrupts while running the engine *stupid*
Still may contain bugs, need more testing.

Poland, Gdansk

Hey, I just wanted to add that the tracker works on picodrive available on the chinese linux handhelds

0.13b released!
Incompatible with previous saves.
Samples now playing with correct speed!
Still not sure if BPM calculation is precise, but anyway.
Need testing!

Last edited by Corthax (Mar 21, 2020 1:55 pm)