MazHoot wrote:

I didn't test yet loading blastem sram. I will test it later or tomorrow and say

Well... at least progress is saved in emulator for now. Can make some chiptunes smile

France Eure Et Loire

So with blasEm sram, it load the sram, but without the notes, only the other informations. Notes seems to be erased when entering in note screen. I did exactly the same when I tried save state in the past. I will make a video

BlastEm save sram in this name : MD TRACKER 0_14b.bin.sram
On everdrive, srams are like this : MD TRACKER 0_14b.srm

(So I renamed it with.srm)

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 9, 2021 10:06 am)

France Eure Et Loire

Ok, after several tries, things become different, The second time I tryed to use blastEm sram, the screen was crashed, you will see what it's like in a video I will post. I could reput the screen ok after launching MD_tracker 0_13 and then again 0_14. And after that, display was better, main screen was ok, note screen has notes already, and FX too, BUT!! When I change it, power off (or reset) and power on, it's successfully saved!! That's the first time it worked. I retried it several times after and it was the same. Notes already there on new "patterns" but save works!

This can make possible start a song and with it testing more things.

I will update the videos soon, and have to make one more for the sound bug

EDIT : ok this is really weird... now it reproduce the firsts problems. When I start megadrive again and load MD tracker, it says generating module data and it's blank... If I choose load file to sram in menu, then I have the instruments but not the notes...

France Eure Et Loire

Videos : (sorry for my difficulty to speak english I didn't speak since very long time, i'm searching all my words lol...)

- screen bug with blastEm sram : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGxpXT … e=youtu.be

-> on megadrive : launch MD tracker 13 and then again MD tracker 14

- the fabulous moment where save worked (only this time...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQQP4Z … e=youtu.be

-> doing some stuff at home like eating or watever... for 1hour or 2... (didn't touched the megadrive! O.o)

- save don't work again and the old problem appeared again : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbr5XkS … e=youtu.be

- the undiscontunated sound bug : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQYH5H … e=youtu.be

EDIT : when watching again the videos, I noticed that sound bug seems to be ok when save works. But not if not because on the second video when I press start again for stop it seems to be completly stopped. Not like in last video

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 9, 2021 1:18 pm)

0.14b save is 512Kb, but X7 has only 256Kb memory available. Everdrive tries to write it resulting everything is corrupted.
Sound bug: seems that note OFF simply doesnt work at all for some reason, I need to investigate it.
BPM: saved in sram. Without propper loading it just sets to default.

I better to make new 256Kb sram tracker version for X7 testing.
Wait for 0.15b released in few days smile

France Eure Et Loire

[double post]

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 9, 2021 2:40 pm)

France Eure Et Loire
Corthax wrote:

BPM: saved in sram. Without propper loading it just sets to default.

I meaned, set the default one quicker, but yea, if save worked then it will not be really a problem. It's just that I think nobody will start make a sound with a bpm low like this. And when I used MD tracker for the first time, I searched a long time to find how change the bpm, so I instead made a sound (on RG350 emulator) with this low bpm... (I was searching key combo for jump down to bpm instead of just go to the down of page with d-pad) If the default one was a bit more quickly, the first experience of making music for user will be increased in my opinion, but it's a detail...

Corthax wrote:

I better to make new 256Kb sram tracker version for X7 testing.
Wait for 0.15b released in few days"

Thank you!! :-)

0.15b is out.
Now tracker is separated in few branches.
MD.Tracker X2 - 256Kb sram version with only 3 effects per row.
MD.Tracker X5 - 512Kb version.
X1 and X3 versions (128Kb and 384Kb) also planned

Default BPM is 120
Fixed wrong OP naming.
Added fast navigation by holding direction button.
Default save file with demo song (WIP).

Last edited by Corthax (Jan 9, 2021 7:39 pm)

France Eure Et Loire

Waoww thanks!! I will try that tomorow and say

France Eure Et Loire

So I tested with 0.15b and it's the same first problem : generating module data at each start and it's empty :-(

MazHoot wrote:

So I tested with 0.15b and it's the same first problem : generating module data at each start and it's empty :-(

Even if saving and loading manually?

France Eure Et Loire

yes even with saving manually :-( I didn't try yet with blastEm sram but I tested already with sram which was in the zip

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm)

I need someone to test it on different carts. PRO or MegaSD... or custom

The last things to make sure... at startup:
1) all the marix is empty.
2) all patterns - especialy last 400+, are empty, no random junk notes or commands
3) all instruments are the same default one.
If so - tracker 100% works. sram reads/writes in 16bit mode works and fully utilized without write wraps around the memory range.
Everdrive just doesnt save its contents to SD for some reason, or do it wrong.
But anyway... everything should stay in sram even after power off, if battery is not dead...

Last edited by Corthax (Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm)

France Eure Et Loire

What do you mean by instruments are the same? On instrument page? I have to check tomorow.

- all is empty yes, no junk things nowere in song page and in note page. Other pages not checked yet.

But the junk things started when I used blastem sram. Never before with a lots of tests. So I have to test with blastem sram in v0.15b for see if it do it again.

Also, don't forget than sram works good with real game (sonic 3 and knucles.md) didn't test other games.

And, the sound off bug which is still here.

I will be able to test other pages and blastem sram junk test tomorow in the afternoon.

For find other people with other carts tests, the best way I think is asking on facebook's chiptune groups and if nobody then retro gaming facebook pages. And also on everdrive's forum. I can ask on facebook I will do it when have some time.

Last edited by MazHoot (Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm)

I mean all the patterns from first to last are empty.
And all the 255 instruments are default.

Without any save file.

Just check the last 380h pattern and the last FFh instrument, if everyhing is fine then idk... generated default data is correct.
But something is wrong when everdrive is trying to save or load the file.

Maybe it cannot be accessed in word mode...

All ever created games are using only byte accesss to sram, at even or odd adresses but never both.
But tracker reads and writes in word mode, otherwise we just wasting the half of sram and tracker will not be very usable, better just go for deflemask instead.
Or the only way to go would be Mega Everdrive Pro with 1MB sram, and even wasting the half of it by writing only to odd or even adresses - 512Kb is still more than enough for me.

I believe nothing is wrong with word access and it seems to work from the tracker/console side (and BlastEm). - if no junk is there and changing parameters, creating patterns, instruments etc. works fine.

But may not be implemented when everdrive is accessing save file on SD.
Or we need to enable it somehow? Maybe in rom header (usually it doesnt matter, but only krikzz knows...).