Brooklyn NY US

INFORMATION CHASE • LIMITED EDITION VINYL RELEASE · PREORDERS LIVE NOW

Can barely believe it myself yikes, but it's true — fifteen years after its original release on 8bitpeoples as 128 kbps .mp3s, I'm happy to say my EP Information Chase is now being released on limited-edition vinyl via the wonderful people at Ship to Shore PhonoCo.. This is a dream come true for me, and I'm super excited.

Pressed on transparent blue vinyl, the album comes in very clever die-cut packaging which boasts additional new artwork by pixelsmith Drew Wise. Remastered for vinyl by Dietrich Schoenemann of Complete Mastering.

Purchase of the vinyl release gets you a digital download of the album (which, for those keeping score, includes the bonus tracks that came with the album's 2013 Bandcamp release) — ★PLUS★ a never-before-released third bonus track — "Reformat The Planet (Low Gravity Version)," an alternate, slower rendition that some might recognize from various live performances over the years — finally given a proper studio recording, and masterfully mastered by Chris Burke (glomag / the Mandible Judy podcast). This track in particular has become pretty special to me, and I hope you enjoy it.

Preorders are live now, through:
Black Screen Records in the EU,
chipfreq in the UK, and
Ship To Shore PhonoCo. everywhere else.

Links to all three options here • https://linktr.ee/bit_shifter

Whether, to you, this EP is brand new or old news, I'm just personally overjoyed that it will exist in this format, and I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!

not jophish anymore

about once a year, i randomly visit this website on a whim just to make sure that it still exists, and that day was today. and what are the chances -- bit shifter strikes again! 10+ years out this will be the single most expensive record available on discogs.com, mark my words.

jokes aside, happy to see this. new fun things seem to happen so rarely in the chip scene now, it's a pleasure when a surprise like this comes up. "reformat the planet", and your tunes featured in it, were pivotal pieces of media for my then-young self. i must have watched that movie at least 20 times while i was just getting my feet wet with chipmusic. i think i still have it loaded on my old ipod, somewhere. chipmusic on vinyl is such an unusual rarity in my mind. starscream's "future, toward the end of forever" is still one of my favorite records i own, if only for the fact that it even exists in the first place. will be picking this up, and will be very happy about it. smile

all the best. thanks for everything you've done for the scene, and well wishes in whatever comes next.

Brooklyn NY US

Well I truly appreciate the support and the incredibly kind words. heart heart heart That means more to me than I can express. It's funny, today's my first time on here in like a year too, nice to bump into a friendly face!