Germany

Hi mates, here you can see the livestream that was recorded today at the OCM Oldenburg in northern Germany. My friend Marcel show some stuff at the Pro Tracker on an Amiga 500 and i at 31:12 show you some first steps in the Houston Tracker on an TI83Plus.

https://youtu.be/zNLCbun59_c

Best regards duality micro

Last edited by dualitymicro (Aug 18, 2021 8:30 am)

Argentina

Hey, I have a problem with my TI, for some reason my netbook don't detect the calculator.

When I connect the serial adapter the pc show me a screen that tells me to install a driver for the serial adapter, but doesn't let me use it.

Nomad's Land

Need more info: which calc, cable type, transferrer software, OS?

Argentina
irrlichtproject wrote:

Need more info: which calc, cable type, transferrer software, OS?

Hi, I'm using a TI-83+ with a blacklink cable I guess it is. The transfer I try to use TiLP and TI connect and the OS a winxp and a win7x64.

Last edited by Ray_N (Oct 16, 2022 2:14 pm)

Argentina

Oh, and I'm using a db9 to usb Manhattan adapter.

Nomad's Land

TiLP and TI-Connect can't co-exist, so you should completely uninstall both (including any drivers that came with them) and then re-install one of the two. Since you're using an 83+, you could go with TI-Connect. OTOH TiLP gives you more options to fiddle with. You can always try to force things via the TiLP device setup (File->Change Device), regardless of whether your OS recognizes the cable or not.

DB9 to USB adapters are also known to not work for this stuff, though I don't know about the specific one you have.

Argentina
irrlichtproject wrote:

TiLP and TI-Connect can't co-exist, so you should completely uninstall both (including any drivers that came with them) and then re-install one of the two. Since you're using an 83+, you could go with TI-Connect. OTOH TiLP gives you more options to fiddle with. You can always try to force things via the TiLP device setup (File->Change Device), regardless of whether your OS recognizes the cable or not.

DB9 to USB adapters are also known to not work for this stuff, though I don't know about the specific one you have.

Well, I delete everything and reinstall tilp and still doesn't work, so I delete again and install ti-connect, and there the program work. I installed doorcs7 and that goes very well, but when I put the ht2s.8xp that ask me to rename the file, and when finish installing, the program says doesn't work and ask me to reinstall it. I tried with the ht2.8xp and the same happens.

Nomad's Land

Huh? I thought I fixed that back in v2.20. What program says it doesn't work? Doors?
A possible work-around is to install everything in an emulator, create a backup (.8xb file), and transfer that to the real calculator.

Argentina
irrlichtproject wrote:

Huh? I thought I fixed that back in v2.20. What program says it doesn't work? Doors?
A possible work-around is to install everything in an emulator, create a backup (.8xb file), and transfer that to the real calculator.

No, the Houston.
When I throw that in TI-connect, the program shows like is installing in the TI-83+, 2 minutes later, the program says there's an error in the name or something like that, I select rename the file and the namefile the program shows is something like this "HT2       ", I'm just delete the blank characters and let the HT2 name, let the program install, and when the program finish the 100%, shows a window who says the program can't install it because is a wrong format or something like that. I try it like 5 times I guess and all the time is the same.

Doors works very well, that install it in 10' or 15' I guess, but works fine.

Argentina

Well... 6 months later, but it works.
We have to use an (really) old computer, a 486 with windows 95 with serial port, using the first version of the ti software (ti-graph link). We think the problem is in the drivers of the serial adapter.

I'm gonna upload photos of the process and stuff later.