Unsubscribe

So last month I was in Chicago for a family function (sorry pulsewave!) and my girlfriend and I stopped into the jewl-osco over on paulina to get some refreshments. On the way out, in the parking lot, I look down and see a wad of cash. Pick it up and its Three Hundred and Nine Dollars. I typed out the amount cause it was just TOO much money to find. I instantly felt sick to my stomach cause it was a Friday afternoon, and I assumed it was the sole of someones paycheck, for rent or groceries or whatever. So we took it to the customer service counter. Everyone said I was nuts, that the chick at the counter would've jsut had a friend of hers come claim it, but I couldn't feel right in just KEEPING it.

Flash forward 30 days, when the store called and said my mom (who I had lsied as my contact for the pickup) could pick the cash up! We are trying to save for our wedding in the fall, so this will really help, plus its nice to be able to be morally superior to everyone.

So consider this the pat yourself on the back for being honest about something thread.

EDIT Cause people are ignoring the point of my bragging.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jun 21, 2010 8:22 pm)

Honesty pays

Wheeling, WV

You and your mom are getting married?

ad-hell-aide

Congrats on getting married!

Unsubscribe
hotmessization wrote:

You are from West Virginia, so I can see how'd you be confused. I was with my finance at the time. I dont live in Chicago, so my mom became proxy for the cash pickup.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jun 21, 2010 8:16 pm)

Unsubscribe
little-scale wrote:

Congrats on getting married!

Grats!

Spokompton
herr_prof wrote:

...when the store called and said my mom could pick the cash up! We are trying to save for our wedding in the fall...

He speaks English, so I could see how he'd be confused.

New York City
herr_prof wrote:
hotmessization wrote:

You are from West Virginia, so I can see how'd you be confused.

Comeback of the year.

Unsubscribe

The extra $309 has placed me in a higher level of society where the laws of grammar no longer apply.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jun 21, 2010 8:24 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah man, congrats on getting married too.  Way cool!

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

The extra $309 has placed me in a higher level of society where the laws of grammar no longer apply.

Yeah, marriage rocks... consider the money a consolation for all the "Any kids yet?" and "Oh oh, the honeymoon's over!" comments.  wink

Tacoma WA

nice!

we'll all chip in and get you a matching pair of his and her DMG's or something

Unsubscribe

The last thing she wants is MORE DMGs.

The only thing im asking for the chip scene is more user submitted posts from late December through early January big_smile

Oh and a sisdstation.

astral cat

This one time  i was out with my friends and we found a car (a nice jaguar) with the keys in the boot, so we called the police and a nearby officer came and told us just to wait with the car and the person should come back soon and we would probably get rewarded by the person. We waited from 12:00 til about 8:30. A middle aged woman came up to the car looking confused about why we were all standing around it then said hi.. we explained about the keys ect and she hadn't noticed, she said "oh, ok. thanks." then gave us 50p each. there was 3 of us. so we waited the whole day next to a car when we should have been at the skatepark having fun and we got nothing for it and the woman was pretty rude. tongue

Brazil

I have an example of why not to be dishonest:

I was at the university and bought a coffee. The girl at the balcony gave me the change twice. Didn't say anything.
Later that day when I was going off to get a bus to home I got robbed. Took my cellphone AND the money.

Hoxton, London UK

Props! glad to share a planet with people like yourself.