WOW MAN!

OK, one more update and then I need to get back to other stuff.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5493868/litewall5.nes

Changes? User interaction! Scroll text!

Use U/D/L/R to select the mode. Use A/B to increase/decrease animation speed.

Could do some cool stuff with the scroll text mode but I have to leave it alone for a while. I implemented two quick "controls" that you can put anywhere in the text string. One to set the background/foreground colour and the other to specify a pause. You can see both of these in the scroll text mode. Only done the numbers 0-9 so far because i had to TYPE THE FONT IN USING ZEROS AND ONES!

That's how I roll. That is how I roll.

big_smile

Last edited by neilbaldwin (Jun 24, 2010 8:53 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Damn!

Also quick video of litewalls 1,2,3 and 4 which I will embed later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAoqO3GSV0

uhajdafdfdfa
Lazerbeat wrote:

Damn!

Also quick video of litewalls 1,2,3 and 4 which I will embed later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAoqO3GSV0

Looks cool so far! Quite impressive how quickly this has come along. smile

lolusa

o________________o

thieveland ohio

OMFG neilbaldwin you are the chuck norris of awesome nes apps

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

the latest version is looking great!

Milwaukee, WI
node wrote:

chuck norris

NO ONE should speak highly of that evangelical bat-shit crazy dickhead.

Unsubscribe

I'm gonna be that guy. I dont really like it. The wall as used at blip was actually a video screen, not just a bunch of streaming pixels (well most of the time). I thin the tech demo, although cool, isn't nearly as impressive as seeing images and sprites blown up huge like, yknow?

But I never liked the blip wall anyways, cause I thought it diluted the intent and intention of the vjs and was tres gimmicky.

philly

? It's pretty, and impressive for breaking "rules" for the NES! That's what I say. smile

Los Angeles, CA

I was just fucking around with this while listening to some Barry White and it's amazing. It'll be interesting to see what is possible with future revisions of this because I think even in its current form it would be possible to use at shows and have it look good.

Middlesbrough, UK

I want to use this at UltraChip in Edinbrough as part of my VJ set..... wutchat think. loving it soo much

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'd love to see the source code for that last one, because as long and annoying as it would be, it would be nice to modify the text.

Finland

Wow, this is so badass!

Tokyo, Japan
jefftheworld wrote:

I'd love to see the source code for that last one, because as long and annoying as it would be, it would be nice to modify the text.

I would also like to give that a try. Also I was curious, is there a way to change the background color after starting the rom?

and Neil, you are a total hero!

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jun 27, 2010 3:02 pm)

WOW MAN!

smile

Code coming soon. For my own sanity I need to improve the "raster" split timing.

If it's interesting enough for people I'd be open to feature requests (providing you're not in a massive hurry and they're actually doable!).

I spend some time (before I've just been away for a few days) trying to play some of my music with the light wall. My old game music driver is *just* fast enough to play but I'm afraid NTRQ and Nijuu are just too full-fat. It's something I might work on - NTRQ's stand-alone player is terribly inefficient sad

Sweet Neil, good job.  I enjoy it a lot.  The emulator I used crashed on quit but no biggie.