/s

If you listen closely you can hear the chip in it

New York City
RG wrote:

but there's a Game Boy in the picture!

That counts, right? RIGHT?!

haahahhaahhaahha big_smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

this is exactly why i'm looking forward to mixing the sounds of 4/8-bit w/ other elements..
I look forward to getting comments like this. smile

Here's a guy trying to put his music out there and you take a dump on it.

If you used chip sounds in your tunes awesome, even if you emulated, fantastic..

Why are people questioning it's "chip value" ?
Shame on you guys for doing so.
You should be ashamed.

Geneva, NY

OK, let's keep it civil!  I'm at work and soundcloud is blocked here so I can't listen to any of these tracks.  One thing I can determine though is that it doesn't look like anyone's "taking a dump" on this dude's music, just saying that it isn't appropriate for a chipmusic forum.  Though they may be taking a dump on the dude himself... so to that I refer to the 1st sentence in this post.  wink

New York City
low-gain wrote:

Why are people questioning it's "chip value" ?

It's not a value, it 's a matter of focus.
Because this is a chipmusic forum.

I for one do not feel I fall in the "chipmusic"  niche too much since I mix shit up with everything and ultimately my aim is to make it sound like what it isn't. As such, I have no problem at all with what is made and how, and specially not with what the OP made. But this place HAS a focus and it is -HARDLY- heard in this music. Read my comment: "COOL TUNES. But unrelated TO THIS FORUM". That's what I said. And I find it a big mistake to promote your stuff where it shouldn't be. Would you promote your christian rock band in a death metal forum? Come on.

Shame on you guys for doing so.
You should be ashamed.

More shameful is to call people shameful for expressing their opinion, which I think is well founded at least in my case and being me who expressed my feeling of this post not having -anything- to do in a -chipmusic releases-  forum, I take it as a personal attack, or rather, a view aimed at me.

Coming up in this forum: my Caribbean Zouk release. It has chip in it. I swear. it's covered by the rhythm though.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm)

Spokompton

It's never good for a scene when people get in heated arguments about purity tongue

Milwaukee, WI

In all fairness: anything RG related is barely chipmusic in the chip-synthesis arena, so I guess that gives me the right to poke fun.

Would you consider this chipmusic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-3canfnKRs

Probably not, but "If you listen closely you can hear the chip in it". Nanoloop, amiga, etc.

Just having a laugh at his expense, nothing more, nothing less.

New York City
RG wrote:

Would you consider this chipmusic?

He works in a way that is more related than a bunch of VSTs
Catch me drift?
Specification is always cool to maintain focus.
Otherwise make this the *MUSIC.ORG forum

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 29, 2010 9:04 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I gotch'a. So would this MM release be considered a new style of fakebit then?

Mind you I'm fucking wasted right now. You can tell me anything and I'd probably believe it at the moment.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

The best internet radio
Don't argue with me
http://www.di.fm/

New York City
RG wrote:

I gotch'a. So would this MM release be considered a new style of fakebit then?

Nah.
He just used samples from certain devices. He didn't use the devices to determine the timbre or style of his tunes (chipmusic as a form) or create the tunes using the limited capabilities or composing methods of the devices (chipmusic as a medium).
Reference: http://chipflip.wordpress.com/chipmusic/

As thus, this is just dubstep smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I think some people take advantage of the chiptune community because it's so open, and it's a place where you can post a release and people will listen. There may be dubstep forums or something, but I doubt that if it exists, it has a small member base that checks every thread and listens to the music people post. Someone may be involved in the community, and may have released chipmusic before, and since it's the place they go to check out music and they are a part of, they post music they make that isn't chiptune.

If it isn't chiptune it doesn't belong here. It's not even a matter of "square wave =/= chiptune", this music simply isn't relevant at all.

Also, I really hate when someone puts out a track that clearly wasn't made on a gameboy, and then claims in their bio (and album cover) to use gameboys. Seriously, come on.

New York City
Reteris wrote:

There may be dubstep forums or something, but I doubt that if it exists, it has a small member base that checks every thread and listens to the music people post.

That is true.
I can only mention the case of Dogs On Acid, the biggest drum & bas forum, which is a fucking troll haven and shitstorm-plenty board. Getting your shit heard through on that place is almost impossible. I bet similar occurs with dubstep.

To Logans post to me, check out sub.fm wink