rochester, ny

i've seen people use this to play live. i've seen flash carts available on kitsch bent. i've only ever really used my DMG. just curious what's up.

Sweeeeeeden

You can do this, for example... http://nex.gg8.se/modblog/2010/06/total … ameboy-sp/

Ok, that's not what you meant. It's basically a GBA in a different form factor and a backlight. Apart from doing regular Gameboy stuff on it, you can obviously also do GBA stuff on it. smile

NL 2.x
M4G tracker

Emulators
Goomba (GB)
PocketNES

Also check out Herbert Weixelbaum's audio comparison.

That's about it, I think.

))<>((

Pixelh8 Music Tech GBA programs work on flash carts. There's also M4G tracker, you can download beta releases (here). There hasn't been a new release in a while, but he's still working on it. (). And there's always nl 2.3 (but that doesn't work on a flash cart).

edit: well Nitro beat me to it lol.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Jul 17, 2010 11:48 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

Also you can just put your regular DMG style cart in it.

Chicago, IL USA

You can take a long hard look at it and go, "This isn't nearly as cool as a backlit DMG."

Scotland

Bullshit. It's much better than a backlit Original Game Boy, in my opinion. It's able to handle more processes - in LSDJ, complex tables and high BMPs are handled quite easily with them. My only issue is practicality in live setups. I like being able to fade out tracks on the unit itself. This can be difficult on the SP. And needing the extra headphone adapter is a bastard sometimes.

I'd highly recommend trying it, I prefer the wave and noise channel on SPs.

rochester, ny

buying one today!

Newcastle, UK

People forget that Pocket Music GBA is out there too, its not brilliant by any means, but its usable.

Plano, TX

Be sure to get the backlit SP (model AGS-101), the frontlit ones (AGS-001) aren't as nice on the eyes.

The extra processing power is nice but the sound on the DMG still has something about it that can't be beat.

rochester, ny

bought one and i LOVE it so far with lsdj. i love the screen and how fast it loads.

but i have a question.

i get that i need an adapter to use headphones. but what if i wanted to sync it with something else AND send the audio to something else?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
nickmaynard wrote:

bought one and i LOVE it so far with lsdj. i love the screen and how fast it loads.

but i have a question.

i get that i need an adapter to use headphones. but what if i wanted to sync it with something else AND send the audio to something else?

the SP has separate link port.
headphones get used on the power port on the back.

Newcastle, UK

There are adapters out there with two ports on, a splitter essentially, allowing headphone output and syncing/charging. I've never seen one in person but I remember Bubblyfish using one.

rochester, ny
low-gain wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

but i have a question.

the SP has separate link port.
headphones get used on the power port on the back.

oh okay. i thought the headphones went into the link port, not the power port. cool, thanks.

IL, US
tehforsterer wrote:

There are adapters out there with two ports on, a splitter essentially, allowing headphone output and syncing/charging. I've never seen one in person but I remember Bubblyfish using one.

yeah, but like logan said, the link port is a seperate port...would like to point out a fun fact: these splitter type headphone adapters can be daisy chained smile

Newcastle, UK

Yeah man I realized when I picked mine up before, daisy chained? MULTIPLE OUTPUTS!?!?

That would be awesome, I don't quite know what I would use it for though other than separate amps..

rochester, ny

oh wow, does anyone have a link of where i can buy a splitter?