Hi I'm kinda new here.
I was wondering how you can make a .mp3 file from the music that I created with LSDJ.

Thanks

Headphones out from Gameboy -> Line in on audio interface. Use an audio software of choice to record (e.g. the freeware Audacity). Export as .mp3.

Do post again if you have any more specific question.

Brazil

lol

Milan, Italy

if you're using an emulator try to find something like "export audio" in the menu.

Wheeling, WV
arottenbit wrote:

if you're using an emulator try to find something like "export audio" in the menu.

Or just plug the headphone jack into your mic jack. Yes, I've done this before.

Milan, Italy
hotmess wrote:
arottenbit wrote:

lol. big_smile

..or you could simply use the "record stereo output" function in Audacity.
It records directly the soundcard output.
I usually use it to sample stuff from films and videogames.

brighton, uk
arottenbit wrote:
hotmess wrote:

lol. big_smile

..or you could simply use the "record stereo output" function in Audacity.
It records directly the soundcard output.
I usually use it to sample stuff from films and videogames.

Certain motherboards don't support this function.

I think you should perhaps learn a little about audio recording, equipment and both software.
A good place to stop at is Wikipedia.
This is also a good place to find (very basic) info on recording audio on a pc.
http://www.pcrecording.com/
A good knowledge of the right cabling is good too. (eg the difference between different TRS connectors)

If you're using an emulator I'd recommend using BGB to record your audio and not the 'headphone output to mic input' option, as it exports directly to WAVE and you'll avoid any noise from USB or perhaps your powersupply, assuming that you don't have knowledge of audio grounding.
This is also good if you want to make adjustments to your LSDJ mix in realtime as you will be able to listen to your song as you record in BGB.
Make sure that you record at 44.1khz or higher, with 16-bit audio or your sound will suffer.

To convert your WAVE file you will need to get an encoder and a bit of software that enables conversion.
Download LAME encoder (http://lame.sourceforge.net/download.php) and Audacity (or alternatively Foobar2000*) and get that shit changed!

*possibly the greatest media player ever, can play ALL chiptunes, modules, audio, and can convert to whatever you please in bulk.

Last edited by CMDR (Feb 13, 2010 11:13 pm)

samarinda

hi..... i wanna asking....

what hardware can sync with lsdj on dmg???

uhajdafdfdfa

I think anything with MIDI can do that if you buy something expensive like a MIDI->GB or whatever it's called. I think Low-gain will sell you one.

Venezuela

somebody should write a sav->gbs, and each LSDJ song could be a SONG into a multi track GBS file. :DDD

Philly, PA, USA
ui wrote:

somebody should write a sav->gbs, and each LSDJ song could be a SONG into a multi track GBS file. :DDD

I dunno about .sav because that's many songs, but it might be possible with the .lsdsng or whatever from the lsdj file manager, or at least something that can play lsdsngs

Unsubscribe

but how would the software know what exact is a song? Start and end row numbers?

Venezuela

herr_prof, true...
a solution to this could be jump into the pattern to pattern, no matter if the song have BLANK patterns. I suppose "you will have to compose" to export songs easly.

An example... in LSDJ

PU1   PU2   WAV  NOI
00    00     10      30      40  \
01     --      --        --       --    } it jump between blank patters
02    00     10      30      40 <
03     --      --        --       --    } it jump between blank patters
04    00     10      30      40  /
05    00     10      30      40
06    00     10      30      40
07     --      --        --       --
08     --      --        --       --
09     --      --        --       --
10     --      --        --       -- 
11     --      --        --       --  <<< if the batch/program or whatever find out 5 blank pattern he will just stop the render.

Shouldnt be hard to do it i guess, obviously if is possible

uhajdafdfdfa

I thought all the songs are separate already in an lsdj sav? Why the need to take many (gbs) songs from one (lsdj) song?

Central-ish VA
bang penz wrote:

hi..... i wanna asking....

what hardware can sync with lsdj on dmg???

LSDJ will sync with LSDJ with the use of a link cable and there's also an LSDJ to Nanoloop sync feature in both programs that you could try.  MIDI has also been mentioned I suppose.  If you ever want to make something of your own to sync with LSDJ, the clock pin on the link cable outputs 48 pulses per quarter note I believe.  Skip to 3:26 in my Speak and Sequence Video as that's where I've used a home-made LSDJ sync with a home-made cable.

Melbourne, Australia

Actually 24 pulses per quarter note, or 24 bytes per quarter note in lsdj sync mode.
More infos: http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/LsdjSync?v=izq