Winter Haven, FL

Man, you all covered a lot of stuff that I REALLY used to love already. But, I'll give it a shot w/out being too lengthy and/or posting any SUPER-obvious bands that somehow fit into the punk/hardcore niche.

San Francisco

they broke up but... i had the great privilege of seeing them. it was amazing.
fugazi
of course the typical blood brothers and locust
i am a product of my generation.
o and this i guess.

Kalamazoo

Minor (effing) Threat, Dead kennedys, and Bad Brains are some of my favorites. I've also been listening to some pre-punk stuff a lot lately, it's just as raw in some cases especially the mc5 and the stooges. Rocket from the tomb is another good pre-punkish band although they sound pretty punk to me (who gives a shit anyway right?). I think one of the guys from them ended up starting pere ubu.

Abandoned on Fire
Pastel Arsenal wrote:

Minor (effing) Threat, Dead kennedys, and Bad Brains are some of my favorites. I've also been listening to some pre-punk stuff a lot lately, it's just as raw in some cases especially the mc5 and the stooges. Rocket from the tomb is another good pre-punkish band although they sound pretty punk to me (who gives a shit anyway right?). I think one of the guys from them ended up starting pere ubu.

The Fucking Stooges.  \m/  \m/  ... at least "Raw Power".  Good call.

Kalamazoo
egr wrote:
Pastel Arsenal wrote:

The Fucking Stooges.  \m/  \m/  ... at least "Raw Power".  Good call.

yeah, raw power is a great title for that lp. I like how they basically said "fuck mixing and mastering... turn everything way the fuck up". That whole album is "in the red" so to speak.

San Luis Obispo, CA
likeluke wrote:

lots of good taste on here.

das oath (and anything mark mccoy related)

Hell yeah! Or anything on Youth Attack, really.

This thread rules so hard. It's like an extremely loud trip down memory lane.

Minot, Maine

Seeing as a lot of the digigrind/etc. front isn't covered yet, here is some stuff

XRIN ARMS... great performer, too.

Phantomsmasher / Atomsmasher... james plotkin of O.L.D., Khanate etc, dave witte, and speedranch. Some of my favorite music ever.

Another favorite:

Eustachean!:

One of the coolest kids on the block, Yatagarasu:

Realicide:

http://www.myspace.com/jetjaguarkr3killspree  as well

Milan, Italy

I play in a neo-crust band named Nagasaki Sunshine.

stuff like this, but with some more black metal influences.

Here in italy we have some kind of nice post-core scene (tbh i don't know what does this means lol) with a lot of awesome bands.

edit:
plus, with my gameboy project "arottenbit" i'm a lot active (and kinda known) in the italian hardcore scene and i've shared stage with a lot of incredible national and international bands. smile (even "as blood runs black" and "war from the harlots mouth" that xero has mentioned before tongue )

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 26, 2010 10:05 pm)

Milan, Italy
Reteris wrote:

chiptune is hXc

i really agree with this.
Punk was all about composing music without know how to use a music instrument.
Micromusic is about composing music without any music instrument, lol.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm)

Minot, Maine

arottenbit:

Yeah... Zu are great! I have been listening to their stuff for a while. They even did a collaborative album with Nobukazu Takemura back in the day... it was pretty good as I remember. I  now remember Ekkaia, too!

Liverpool, UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IewQXMJQjvA

Riffs for days lad, riffs for days.

Brooklyn NY US

Acme, Killing Time, Quicksand, Tit Wrench, Misfits, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Killing Joke, Isis, Units, Screamers, Sparkmarker, Big Black, Godflesh, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Damage, Lifetime, Propagandhi, Naked Raygun, Adrenalin O.D., Jawbreaker

Milan, Italy
Bit Shifter wrote:

Isis

FUCK YES.

Minot, Maine

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Crass yet. One of the best bands ever, I think.

Also, chumbawamba used to release some pretty good stuff (on Crass records at that!)

Newcastle, UK

Anything on 31G, especially Blood Brothers. Love their early projects too. Loads of old Screamo such as Saetia, Pg.99 et cetera.

I liked the Casualties for a while but then I got into garage punk like The Fuzztones and The Gruesomes.

Adore Circle Takes The Square and At The Drive-In.

Milan, Italy

talking about italian EXCELENT screamo

edit:
not screamo, but they've done one of the best live i've seen in my life and one of the best albums of 2009.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 27, 2010 1:23 am)