Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
egr wrote:
low-gain wrote:

You and me both!

Here's a few of my favorites smile

<<< that pic kinda blows but it's an awesome box

... and best of all ...

I'll group my boxes into 1 shot and post sometime... you'll probably want to rob me. lol

matt's mind

reading datasheets.  thats all it seems like i do now.

supplemented with a constant stream of both good and bad sci-fi shows/movies playing in the background to help temper my adhd. 

i love sci-fi, and being distracted.

and the internet.  usually.

A gray world of dread
Bit Shifter wrote:

comics

Recently I've also developed a rather unhealthy addiction to yuri anime *hides*

Last edited by µB (Aug 6, 2010 5:39 pm)

Cambridge UK

I have a passion for made up languages.
As a teen, friends and I would speak the French version of Nadsat.
I blame Newspeak for me taking all those semiology classes as a literature student.
When I was 7yo I asked for a dictionary for Christmas. I would spend hours reading it.
I have to say that I can still waste a fair amount of time browsing through dictionaries.

Also, I support the Doctor Who comp project.

Last edited by George (Aug 6, 2010 5:40 pm)

England

i dont understand dr who at all.

but i constantly read scifi novels, lots of commuting. getting through tons Ursula Le Guin at the moment. discovering tons of great writers through this excellent series of books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SF_Masterworks

oh and George R. R. Martin has pretty much single handedly stoped me making music over the past two months with the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Tucson, AZ
NO CARRIER wrote:

Is this a glitchnes 0.2 screenshot?

Minneapolis

Well, I am a very big nerd, so I guess I should post up, eh?

Lets see, where to start- I'm obsessed with vintage electronics in general, but especially old computers. I have a reasonably large collection, which would, if I had money, would become far too large to manage. smile At the moment I am in possession of an Apple IIgs, Tandy 102, Tandy 200, Tandy 1100 HD, and a Tandy PC2. (I'm a bit of a Tandy freak!) I play around with Linux on a regular basis, but whenever anyone asks me what my favorite OS is I always say Prodos. Usually Prodos 8.

I am also big into- PHILOSOPHY. I hold a philosophy degree from the University of St. Thomas, and I can and will argue with you about anything, if you so desire, though Philosophy of God is probably the most fun.

If I can take a soldering iron to something I usually do. If I can build it myself instead of buying one, I usually do. I also have this tendency to turn Nerf guns into deadly foam-launching weapons of death, or squirt guns into flamethrowers, etc.

Lastly, I am very into classic video games. Especially NES and Neo Geo. Not so much the Neo Geo Pocket, but the BIG ones. You know, the ones with carts as big as your head. As such, my favorite video game has to be Metal Slug, which I can still 1CC without too much difficulty. Oh, and I will mop the floor with you in Last Blade.

Newcastle, UK

I really like Existentialism, Shoegaze, comics, manga, anime, chess, vinyl records and books (Everything from Sartre to Carroll to Murakami). I'm self teaching programming and I would play table top battle games all day if I had a worthy opponent.

I also really like explosions and fire, but that's more the suppressed evil genius inside of me than my quiet nerdy side.

Last edited by tehforsterer (Aug 6, 2010 7:28 pm)

A gray world of dread
George wrote:

I can relate to that, but I haven't gone anywhere beyond trying to make one when I was 12 and a few evenings of browsing the web late. Iţkuîl probably takes my top place for being incredibly useful but totally impractical.

Jellica wrote:

oh and George R. R. Martin has pretty much single handedly stoped me making music over the past two months with the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Ah, welcome to the club of the weary waiting people. GRRM takes his fucking time to continue. sad

New York, New York

I used to be fond of computers and comics.

Music obviously, a wide variety of music. I learn as much about it as I can. I have a big wall of vinyl records, compact discs and a smaller set of cassettes. I usually have to play them on old equipment, because I have some audio gear that almost never gets thrown away.

Anthropomorphic animal costumes (the dragon mask, arms, tail and feet I picked up recently) -- and novels, like Redwall.

Gargoyles (the 1990's television series, recently 2000's comics series).

Tacoma WA
µB wrote:
George wrote:

I can relate to that, but I haven't gone anywhere beyond trying to make one when I was 12 and a few evenings of browsing the web late. Iţkuîl probably takes my top place for being incredibly useful but totally impractical.

Jellica wrote:

Ah, welcome to the club of the weary waiting people. GRRM takes his fucking time to continue. sad

better than robert jorden.  he had to die for his series to get good again hmm

settlers of catan

Minneapolis
Battle Lava wrote:

settlers of catan

Forgot to mention this. I play at least once a week, usually twice. Most excellent!

Battle Lava wrote:

settlers of catan

PROTIP: Never play Catan drunk. You will senselessly beat your most cherished friends and loved ones just for their longest road.

Brazil

King Of Fighters
LPs
Drum Machines (but I have only one)
Green shirts, t-shirts, blouses, jackets... Now I want a green suede pant and a green jeans pant, cause I don't have any green pants.

Melbourne, Australia
neilbaldwin wrote:

- my right arm tattoo is a Big Lebowski sleeve (burning car, Maude as the Valkerie, a marmot on a lead, Bunny sat in a white russian, Seattle 7 "logo', scissors, "no funny stuff" in cut-out newspaper letters, bowling pins, 50's style neon stars, clams and bones, a $1000 bill.....and I have a severed toe with the banner "Bunny" on my leg)

Pics. NOW! Cause that sounds like the most amazing ink ever.

neutral