Wellington, NZ

hey like I said, if we can arrange a Boston8Bit tour count me in.  I'd love an excuse to get out there

Rice Lake, WI

Regular chip shows in chicago would be so crescent fresh smile Hell we need more midwest chip shows in general..........wait we would need a crowd too..........damn!  Oh and everyone should give more props and support to Short Circuit, Low-Gain is the man for keepin this goin big_smile

BOSTON

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
albino ghost monkey wrote:

Regular chip shows in chicago would be so crescent fresh smile Hell we need more midwest chip shows in general..........wait we would need a crowd too..........damn!  Oh and everyone should give more props and support to Short Circuit, Low-Gain is the man for keepin this goin big_smile

Thanks for the Love man! smile we're back on track again too... woooo! had to take a month off due to losing our venue but we got it back and are working on expanding to 2 locations, 2 shows a month! WHAT!?YES!

Carbondale, IL

Thanks to the miracles of Amtrak, Chicago is practically in my backyard.  Maybe this will be a great chance to see a show.

lolusa

hey I need a show on sept 1st or 2nd.
I'll bring rainbowdragoneyes,facundo,and wet mango

seriously fucking help me.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
ovenrake wrote:

oh sure... she'll play chicago but not minneapolis? pfft. lame

IL, US
ovenrake wrote:

sadly, about all i can do to help is offer some crash space at this point...ill be busy getting ready to fly to florida to beep south 3 hmm

Chicago, IL USA
ovenrake wrote:

I'll start making some calls and see what I can do. Can't promise much beyond trying but hopefully we can make it happen. If any of the more veterans of the area just have suggestions of some prospective clubs/venues/ hell even a moose lodge or something that would be worth calling, I'll make the calls if you can just point in the right direction.

Chicago IL

i think most of the bigger venues will be booked since it's like 2 1/2 weeks away. reggie's is def booked.

NJ

i can only speak for myself when i say we are open to playing a house show in CHI.. so i'll say it this way "I AM OPEN TO PLAYING A HOUSE SHOW IN CHI"

Chicago, IL USA

Awe man, Reggies is where I saw Screeching Weasel a few years back. That would have been awesome. As previously stated, sadly I don't even know anyone here with a house.

Last edited by NOM STAR (Aug 13, 2010 4:18 am)

lolusa

Echoing Facundo: HOUSE SHOW IS FINE/PROBABLY BETTER

real venues are overrated and have stingy "drinking on stage" rules (not 21)
Nom Star/esc: Go for it man, whatever works. Time is of the essence.

Lowgain: I guess she has work responsibilities. I'm taking nearly an entire month off. I'm going to really regret this.... Who hasn't bought the comp yet? :3

also:
I heard about nigel playing above a curves or something?
I also remember seeing a tacodoomwhatever venue/house/??????? was that in chicago /??
also:
????????????????????????????
(post needed more question marks)

Last edited by ovenrake (Aug 13, 2010 6:21 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

lol. it's all good. smile

yeah.. go hit up taco punch.. you can get 2 sets in an the police will show up. haha
just watch your gear when you're there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
ovenrake wrote:

EHOUSE SHOW IS FINE/PROBABLY BETTER

\

FYI.. Houseshow's in the midwest aren't probably like the ones where you are at.. Cops actually show up to the parties and break them up here if someone calls the cops on noise issues...

Been to plenty house parties that dont get broken up... been to quite a few house shows where cops show up... If you can .. stick to legit venues.

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 13, 2010 12:29 pm)

Michigan
Pastel Arsenal wrote:

Hey I'd like to get down when/if I can. I live in Kalamazoo, MI (yes there is actually a Kalamazoo), which is about a 2-3 hr. drive from chi-town. I also visit chicago at least 2 or 3 times a year lately. I wouldn't be able to be a "regular", but once I save up for some gear and get my car fixed I'd love to come out and play/watch some shows with you guys. It would be great to have another excuse to visit that town more!

ill swing by and grab you on my way down from grand rapids.

im down for some chicago shows this fall!