Harrisonburg, Virginia

I'm new here, but am a somewhat regular on 8bc. I'm starting a compilation trying to span a great portion of the 8-Bit community. This can and will include artists posting their songs for free or for purchase, and therefore needs the consent and participation of said artists.

I'm calling out to all those artists that see this. I want you to email, pm, etc. me your favorite song of the year that you made. This song can be a remix, cover, or original track, it just has to be your work.

I also would love it if anyone reading this would point me toward artists whom I should be looking at and be asking to join in on this compilation.

If you want to make any album artwork for this, please, be my guest! smile I'll be working on drafts as the year progresses, and I'm thinking that we'll just have a vote on which one is to be used.

In addition to this mix spanning as large a swath of the community as possible, I will be mixing this as a true mix. Uncut, good transitions (or as good as I can with tempo matching and Audacity effects). Any and all suggestions for good mixing programs, etc. would be more than welcome.

This collection is for the community, by the community, I'm just trying to showcase the community's talent. So in order for this to work, you need to help me out. The best way to contact me is by email, because this request will be posted on a few message boards. PM me for my email, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible with my email.

You can also drop tracks from artists you want me to include or your track for this collection in my SoundCloud DropBox here.

Last edited by Russellian (Jul 27, 2010 10:57 pm)

Milan, Italy

meh. It sounds A LITTLE too generic and not funny/challenging... hmm

Just a senseless "hey look at me" like the 8bc homepage.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jul 27, 2010 1:24 am)

Brazil

If you want to make a good compilation, at least try to bring it like a challenge. Like this is just a bunch of songs threw in 8bc style, which is not very welcome in here.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Umm... okaym then what sorta challenge would make you wanna do something like this?

The Hollow Earth

If I read the OP's post correctly, it sounds like he's going to create a beat matched mega mix of all these tracks, not just an archive file of songs. Isn't that interesting enough? Sounds like fun to me.

Audacity should be helpful for adjusting BPM, just be advised that drastic changes in tempo often don't come out as planned.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Subterrestrial wrote:

If I read the OP's post correctly, it sounds like he's going to create a beat matched mega mix of all these tracks, not just an archive file of songs. Isn't that interesting enough? Sounds like fun to me.

Audacity should be helpful for adjusting BPM, just be advised that drastic changes in tempo often don't come out as planned.

You are quite correct! I'm going to mix this as best I can. Thanks for the warning about Audacity, I've had some trouble with large tempo changes in Aud before, haha. But when I'm done with the mix, it'll be a connection of similar-tempo songs.

thieveland ohio

_node is always available and we supply the source code at www.nodetransmission.com

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Update:

I've gotten the following tracks so far:

just the beginning... - tacticalbread
Hippies - Zomvor

Keep sending your tracks in people!