Brooklyn, NY

Modified version of FCEUX that dumps all of the serial writes over to the NES, does .nsf and ROMs. I haven't seen any lag, no samples yet, maybe later.

For all you guys that are too hardcore to emulate the sound, but not hardcore enough to buy the games wink

Also modified famitracker to do the same!

Back to FaMI..

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Aug 17, 2010 2:05 am)

*goes into old cooter man "I told you so" mode*

It's so incredible (and great) to see some of the people who have been shown the light of the NES in 2010.  I distinctly remember some notable individuals kind of publicly shitting on our beloved old 2A03 just a couple of years ago, person(s) who have been all up in these uber-exciting threads of late.  I guess it takes the magic and genius of a Neil Baldwin, blargg, No Carrier, or/and Batsley Adams to expose something mystical and exquisite (the Family Computer) for what it really is.

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Mr. invaderbacca just shot me a link to this, and I have to convey how impressed and sincerely reinspired I am by this... jeeez! I've been slacking on the hunt for another MIDINES cart, but this seems like the direction I should head in instead. Seriously, thank you to everyone that puts in such amazing effort to develop these things! :-)

Fucking Batman!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Crazy times man, crazy times.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

*high five!*

this is really exciting...

Brooklyn, NY

Sorry I've been missing lately - I had ceiling leak in my apartment and it dripped right on top of my workbench. It missed my scope which is great but my NES/multimeter was soaked. Monitor got wet but still works fine, the stuff that might be damaged is easily replaceable so everything is cool.

I just set up everything again a few days ago (in a different place of course) - I've done a bunch of work with FaMI since the last time I posted and I'll put up an update soon!

In case anyone is interested - I managed to get the RBBB (the $13 arduino) working perfectly, you just need to change a setting with the FTDI cable and it'll work A-OK.

I have a few desoldered NES cables leftover for people who are interested! You can have one..
(but only if you come to 8static wink)

Geneva, NY

We are leaky roof brothers.  My ceiling actually collapsed as a result.  Luckily, it missed all my gear and just hit the floor.  I'm rocking a bucket until I can get the roof repaired.  But back OT....

THIS SHIT IS VAPORWARE!!!!!!

Tacoma WA
bleo wrote:

We are leaky roof brothers.  My ceiling actually collapsed as a result.  Luckily, it missed all my gear and just hit the floor.  I'm rocking a bucket until I can get the roof repaired.  But back OT....

THIS SHIT IS VAPORWARE!!!!!!

so i guess i'm luckily that i had a leak in the basement near a leaf plugged drain.

maybe if i fuck up enough swapping this dishwasher i can join the club.

Minneapolis

Release dates?

Brooklyn, NY

Work has been incredibly busy so things were delayed a bit. All the code is ready but I need a nice way to package it up for those who aren't looking to modify the Arduino codebase.

In the meantime for those who want to wire it - I threw together this diagram. I should commission ANIMAL-STYLE to do the full MIDI one - that CV sequencer schematic is an absolute work of art.

Geneva, NY
Batsly Adams wrote:

Work has been incredibly busy so things were delayed a bit. All the code is ready but I need a nice way to package it up for those who aren't looking to modify the Arduino codebase.

In the meantime for those who want to wire it - I threw together this diagram. I should commission ANIMAL-STYLE to do the full MIDI one - that CV sequencer schematic is an absolute work of art.

Holy shit, that's easy!

As far as MIDI... wouldn't this shit work?

http://narbotic.com/kits/midivox/

Brooklyn, NY
bleo wrote:

As far as MIDI... wouldn't this shit work?
http://narbotic.com/kits/midivox/

That thing is pretty awesome. It looks like it might do more than what's needed (it's a synth in itself).

Just updated the schematic to include MIDI-in.

MIDI-in circuit lovingly ripped from the Arduinoboy schematic (I had it already built!)

The MIDI portion is optional and is only really needed if you are using a real device. If you are using a computer as your MIDI source you can reroute the data over the virtual serial port that the FTDI chip on the Arduino provides and play it that way. All the video demos I put up were done that way.

Making good progress - wrote the readme for this stuff and started putting the latest files together. Last thing to do is to fix the pitchbend in FaMI and it'll be good to go!

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Oct 7, 2010 10:09 pm)

Minneapolis

So pumped. SO. PUMPED.

Minneapolis

Still pumped... is it coming?

Brooklyn, NY

Yes - been working overtime at my real job for the past 2 weeks so no time for this fun stuff. I'm working on a nice demo for my workshop so it should definitely be released by then.

Speaking of which - 8static - 11/13 - be there tri-state area - no excuses.
www.8static.com

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Nov 3, 2010 2:32 am)