NJ

how are the bars in chicago? do any of them have those shitty cover bands that play? because some of those bars around here actually are down with "electronic acts" sometimes. as far as cops coming and breaking shows up, that happens everywhere. kids will be kids, cops will be cops, angry neighbors will be angry neighbors. life is life. the point here, is to fuck the shit out everything. i think

i

Chicago, IL USA

I like the bars here thus far. More affordable than NY, usually some sort of specials going. Still working on a venue...

Milwaukee, WI

Why is everyone in this thread acting like chip shows don't happen in Chicago? I damn near attended a chip related show every weekend in Chicago last year. Saskrotch played at most of them along with Stagediver and Kkrusty.

Am I missing something?

IL, US

above comment helps explain part of how the scene got fucked up...oversaturation of pretty much the same lineup (and it was every few weeks, not every week)...the guy booking those gigs put the same 6 or so people on every lineup, then juggled around 2-3 other people usually to fill out the lineup...kkrusty, nigel, ty, roybot, protman were on most of those gigs...then hed swap in and out ipaghost, five step path, sir.vixx & out of towners...
i didnt play a gig in chicago from may of 09 until april this year, and most of the guys who were playing those gigs arent playing chicago so often either these days
as an out of towner who basically came to town when there were shows (at least ones ty played) of course it seems like there was shit going on, but not really

also: when was the last time lowgain or albino ghost monkey have played here? think you have to go back to 08, and thats even though theyve been in town multiple times since...

Milwaukee, WI

That would certainly explain it then! I wasn't aware of the inner-workings of the shows, I would usually just attend to see Ty and Protman. You are correct on it being about every other week considering I was crazy drunk most of the time anyway. It was a blast and I'd like to see more action!

Kalamazoo
noisewaves wrote:
Pastel Arsenal wrote:

Hey I'd like to get down when/if I can. I live in Kalamazoo, MI (yes there is actually a Kalamazoo), which is about a 2-3 hr. drive from chi-town. I also visit chicago at least 2 or 3 times a year lately. I wouldn't be able to be a "regular", but once I save up for some gear and get my car fixed I'd love to come out and play/watch some shows with you guys. It would be great to have another excuse to visit that town more!

ill swing by and grab you on my way down from grand rapids.

im down for some chicago shows this fall!

Righteous!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i'd love to come down for a show again. smile just hard to nail a weekend that works.
RG: I'd also love to come and play down in WI sometime too! AGM, L-Tron and myself are rocking a mini tour in Oct.
would be fun to plan another mini tour down in that direction too.

just throwing that out there. lol.

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 15, 2010 9:28 pm)

IL, US

oh, im not playing that october show anymore...more bs of why chicago's scene is messed up...

@e.s.c  whats the bs ?

IL, US
shitbird wrote:

@e.s.c  whats the bs ?

if you really want to know, ill PM it to you later...right now, im finishing getting ready for work

NJ

really though, if anyone can physically walk into a bar and ask if 9/1 is available for some touring acts.. that would be awesome. i've sent out a few emails to what i found to be punk bars, but haven't heard back yet. also, i doubt any dive type place would have a legit website anyway.. so 1st hand communication would be awesome. you'd be surprised how far just whipping out a gameboy at a bar gets you. it got me a pretty rad venue in brooklyn where we had plenty of good times. just sayin'

e.s.c. wrote:
shitbird wrote:

@e.s.c  whats the bs ?

if you really want to know, ill PM it to you later...right now, im finishing getting ready for work

please do, whenever available ofcourse... Id like to know who the shit giver is, so i can  put on my shit kickers and kick some shit....  im doubley dissapointed  that your not playing anymore....im one of those over enthusiastic out of towner types ya know? XD

Chicago IL

don't start shit

Chicago IL

i think we should try to get a meeting set up for this chicago chip scene shit. like at a bar or a restaurant or something.

Chicago, IL USA

I'm down. I live in Lakeview, so pretty much anywhere that isn't the suburbs is accessible to me. How does everyone feel about next week, or hell this weekend?

Also post where you live near so we can try and find a somewhat central location. Or a suggested place, whatever.

Last edited by NOM STAR (Aug 19, 2010 8:21 pm)

IL, US
Saskrotch wrote:

don't start shit

yes, please dont...while im not exactly happy about what went down, its also not a big deal really at all..just mildly annoying..if you were in the facebook thread discussion, you saw part of what happened already