Liverpool, UK

From the 8bp emailing list

++ BLIP FESTIVAL NEW YORK BRINGS YOU IN AND OUT FROM THE COLD ++
---
After four years of trudging through the snow, we are, after a lot of deliberation, excited to announce that Blip Festival New York's position on the calendar year is officially being moved to the late spring, from 2011 onward. Understanding the place the Blip Festival event series has come to hold in the international chipmusic community, this was of course not a casual decision -- in fact we feel genuinely privileged that it's become an event of enough significance that it's begun influencing peoples' annual travel planning. So in considering everything as carefully as we could, we kept returning to the obvious benefits of moving Blip -- not only placing it into a warmer season, but also extricating it from the awkward school/holiday spot it'd become uncomfortably sandwiched into. Plus, warmer weather opens up potential options left previously unexplored (ever tried an open-air event in mid-December? Just sayin'). So the next New York edition will have a little more room to
breathe, unburdened by parkas, and the calendar relocation will enable us to focus our undivided resources and throw a rock-solid event. Stay tuned for specific details and dates, and in the meantime, keep your late May 2011 clear.
---
* http://blipfestival.org/

Can't seem to find any info about it online apart from this email - let's party in May!

Cambridge UK

Great. All the good festivals in my city are in May.
Obviously, by "great" I mean "fuck".

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Cheaper time of year to fly and find accom, I am sure.
More time for me to save, as well.
I am happy with this.

Geneva, NY

YES

London, UK

Amazing, I might actually be able to go now...!

Tokyo, Japan

You fuckers!!! Where am I meant to wear my baby seal skin snow boots and bunny pelt earmuffs now?

\o/

Liverpool, UK

My holidays renew in April, so in essence...

England

thanks for the dads up

Los Angeles, CA

Hmmm...that's kind of cool. I'm going to be on the East Coast this winter and half of the reason for that was Blip Fest. But since I'll be in the Philly area, I guess I'll just have to plan my trip around 8static or something.

With any luck I will have just moved to Arizona by May 2011, so I'll probably be listening to the Blip webstream...again...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

If i move to NYC can i play blip fest again?
har har.

astral cat

if i don't move to NYC can i play blip fest for the first time?
harp harp.

IL, US

nice...id heard rumors, glad to hear it seems to be true.. smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:

will be nice not to march single file down the middle of the road in a snow storm. haha
then again.. nyc doesn't know the meaning of snow storm. lulz

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 24, 2010 1:04 pm)

Wilmington,NC

Keen Gear. I'm not friends with snow.... so this is good.

low-gain wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

will be nice not to march single file down the middle of the road in a snow storm. haha
then again.. nyc doesn't know the meaning of snow storm. lulz

Neither does MN wink