Illinois

Hey everyone,
   I've been interested in chip music for a while now, and have been wondering which game boy is the best to use. I am looking for the best sound. I also intend to do several modifications myself(pro sound, backlight, paint, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Get a DMG or an SP, those are generally the nicest to work with and have the best sound quality. Don't worry about modding your gameboy for now, just worry about writing music.

Illinois

Thanks a lot, i think I'll go with the brick.

hardcore, Australia

Mine is the best.

No you can't have it.

Milwaukee, WI

Listen to this and pick your favorite.  DMG's are good and pockets aren't too bad.  SP are nice but having to use a headphone adapter sucks.

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

Brooklon

Just find one that turns on and use it. Worry about the details later.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

please note that sound quality differs from unit to unit. Also, some very used gameboys tend to have more leaked capacitors, which affects the quality of the sound.

Note! wrote:

This, just keep in mind that GBPockets corrupt saves on certain kinds of carts, supposedly.

In addition, I would invest in a good pair of headphones.

killadelphia

nice slug to the max.

Minneapolis
PlainFlavored wrote:
Note! wrote:

This, just keep in mind that GBPockets corrupt saves on certain kinds of carts, supposedly.

In addition, I would invest in a good pair of headphones.

This is BS. I use a GBP, prefer it for the better screen, and have never had issues with cart crashes. Of course, I am not prone to run my GB until the batteries are completely and totally dead, which will corrupt saves on any GB.

Sweden
arfink wrote:

This is BS. I use a GBP, prefer it for the better screen, and have never had issues with cart crashes. Of course, I am not prone to run my GB until the batteries are completely and totally dead, which will corrupt saves on any GB.

Nah. The EMS carts do have big problems with pockets. Bleepbloops and Smartboys works fine though.

Melbourne, Australia
godinpants wrote:

Mine is the best.

No you can't have it.

I thinks nex's new one is actually the best. But its the music you play on it that counts smile

Illinois
Theta_Frost wrote:

Listen to this and pick your favorite.  DMG's are good and pockets aren't too bad.  SP are nice but having to use a headphone adapter sucks.

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

Thanks a lot, this is the information i was looking for. It even further convinces me on the original. the sound is the cleanest and richest

Norwich, UK
Robpoke wrote:
arfink wrote:

Nah. The EMS carts do have big problems with pockets. Bleepbloops and Smartboys works fine though.

(EMS Cart x 3 years usage) + Game Boy pocket = Undefinable corruption