Riverside, CA
Wizwars wrote:

I really like the idea of this site. I also like that you have to upload before you can download. Encourages SHARING.

I don't really like that rule too much.
Yeah it encourages you to share, but to someone who may know little-to-nothing in lsdj, it prevents them from using the site.

Los Angeles, CA

Is someone who doesn't know anything about LSDJ going to really get much out of looking at other peoples .savs though? When I was first writing music with LSDJ, I cared more about reading the manual and figuring out what everything did before looking at other peoples songs, because it confused me without having a bit of context. I think sites like this are actually more useful for teaching people who already know a bit about LSDJ different tricks and stuff like that. Just my opinion though.

BK

I agree with Wizwars - someone who's never used LSDJ before will likely not find lsdsng swap too useful - I think it's best used by those who have written at least one song, understand the program, and are looking to try out new techniques and expand their palette of textures and effects. Part of the appeal for me is seeing a song I've listened to before on there and then picking apart its elements. For instance, those Natty and JAK tracks are both going to be fun to analyze since I'm familiar with them already.

venezuela ccs
Saskrotch wrote:

or a .lsdsng->.gbs converter

Novel idea Mr. Saskrotch!

Hey programmers  what you think about?  """".lsdsng to .gbs converter """"

-------

Chromix: thanks for the initiative of lsdnsng.com  !

I think that you might put a check option with funny extra permissions, example:

- Allow Dj set  uses of your work?  (yes - no)

Last edited by EBOT (Aug 20, 2010 3:36 am)

England
Wizwars wrote:

Is someone who doesn't know anything about LSDJ going to really get much out of looking at other peoples .savs though?

being able to look at other peoples files when i was learning goatracker was indispensable, but i guess that building sounds in LSDJ is a bit more of a simple experience.

rochester, ny
Wizwars wrote:

Is someone who doesn't know anything about LSDJ going to really get much out of looking at other peoples .savs though? When I was first writing music with LSDJ, I cared more about reading the manual and figuring out what everything did before looking at other peoples songs, because it confused me without having a bit of context. I think sites like this are actually more useful for teaching people who already know a bit about LSDJ different tricks and stuff like that. Just my opinion though.

i wouldn't recommend looking at people's savs to someone who is just starting out with lsdj.

but for someone who has just started to program simple songs, it can be an amazingly valuable experience.

Sweeeeeeden

Just uploaded my first lsdsng to that site. Will upload more, as soon as I can upload kits. Don't know yet if you have to do something/wait for some time before you can upload kits, or if it's a bug. I have mailed Chromix about it.

http://lsdsng.com/artist/nitro2k01

Unsubscribe
Wizwars wrote:

I first learned lsdj tricks by looking at a starpause save, so yes.

Sweeeeeeden

Another one uploaded: http://lsdsng.com/song/just-squirt-fm-test-bonus

Wizwars wrote:

Is someone who doesn't know anything about LSDJ...

I thought checking out other people's work was a given for learning & improving & fun.  But ok.

I put up a song just now: http://lsdsng.com/song/metal-arm