brighton, uk

Can anyone please post me the optimal instrument/table combo for a kick+bass instrument (kick with a tail)?

I'm having trouble programming one that doesn't change frequency- the best I can get it is going up/down one semitone.

I used to be able to do this shit years ago... whats happened!

In the LSDj tables you cant use absolute note pitches as you can in other trackers. So i.e., it's not possible to have a BD+Bass instrument like that. What you can do is use two instruments and speed up the phrase by using a groove with fewer ticks per step.

Sweeeeeeden

This is very much possible. Gimme a sec and I'll upload an example to lsdsng!

Sweeeeeeden

http://lsdsng.com/song/tonal-kick-tutorial

killadelphia

absolute pitches would be nice - that shouldn't be too hard to implement.  someone want to write johan?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Kick:
BPM: 254
Note: C6
Table: Command:P  Value: EF on step 1. with K within a few steps after it.
Synth: 1-2, Square wave, with Manual Setting. Adjust volume as needed.

England

absolute pitches would be a beast!

Last edited by Jellica (Sep 5, 2010 10:57 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Unless I completely misunderstood what you guys mean, my sav should do what you want. Click the link above.

brighton, uk

Thanks for the info Nitro, really helped refresh my memory.
Now I'd like to see absolute pitches put in, also the ability to skip lines on a table (but still process them). In the past I've made sick pulse kicks, skipping the initial high pitched bend, but it means the entire song has to be programmed two steps ahead.

geldrop

http://gieskes.nl/lsdj/?link=instrument … index.html

Sweeeeeeden

gijs: I actually like my method better, since it makes use of the first step, and doesn't require it to be just a silent dummy note.

However, as a tech note, I think 3.7.4 still had the bug/feature where the volume envelope would always be retriggered when entering a note number, even when clearing the instrument, so for 3.7.4 I guess that method was needed.

Adelaide, Australia

sweet. going to try this out soon. smile thanks for the info, nitro2k01

WOW MAN!

Nothing to add and I'm not showing off (well, perhaps a little) but I'm glad to hear demand for absolute notes in Tables because Pulsar has them. I'm actually surprised that LSDJ doesn't. The problem for me when I looked at putting them into Pulsar was how to represent them in the Table given that;

00-7F = positive offset
FF-80 = negative offset

What I did was limit the positive and negative offsets to;

00-5F = positive offset
FF-B0 = negative offset

which gives you a range of (hex) 60 notes in either direction which more than exceeds the range of notes available.

I then use 60 to AF to represent absolute pitch, 60 being note 00, 6C being note 0C and so on.

Feel free to suggest it to Johan if you like the implementation.

geldrop
nitro2k01 wrote:

gijs: I actually like my method better, since it makes use of the first step, and doesn't require it to be just a silent dummy note.

However, as a tech note, I think 3.7.4 still had the bug/feature where the volume envelope would always be retriggered when entering a note number, even when clearing the instrument, so for 3.7.4 I guess that method was needed.

i like my method better.

gijs wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

gijs: I actually like my method better...

i like my method better.

I like my method better. tongue
Reason? Bass and kick waveforms can be chosen independently and you can also make use of the PU1 sweep setting.

geldrop
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
gijs wrote:

i like my method better.

I like my method better. tongue
Reason? Bass and kick waveforms can be chosen independently and you can also make use of the PU1 sweep setting.

my method has pictures (-;