Matthew Joseph Payne

No issues here, downloaded all 3. Really excellent first EP, and lots of great moments on the rest. Great work as always, looking forward to your next "serious" release. smile

Melbourne, Australia

Celsius just put this on. I hadn't heard it, but it's pretty much the best thing to hit my ears in a while smile

Melbourne, Australia
dosPrompt wrote:

Celsius just put this on. I hadn't heard it, but it's pretty much the best thing to hit my ears in a while smile

She's picky too!

I think you are being too hard on yourself re: the third vol. They are all great in their own right. Good on you for challenging yourself. I think the results speak for themselves and many will agree. smile

Keep on keeping on man!

VA

After listening a few times, the Shaggs one kinda reminded me of Syd Barret era Floyd.  Also, I haven't given you props on this site; seriously good job, I always look forward to more.

Ontario, Canada

Thanks all, yeah, I think the thing was that I didn't enjoy making the 3rd one as much as the others, so I was sort of prejudiced against it.  In any case, they were all worthwhile, I mean it was only 2 days, I wouldn't have done anything else with that time and I'm definitely going to continue doing this sort of thing.

Wonderful wonderful. lovely. delightful!

astral cat

i think volume 3 is my favourite smile

Geneva, NY

This is excellent.  I will play T is for Text for my 2 year old tonight.  Thanks, mang.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

absolutely beautiful good sir. haha well done with regards to "probably" wink
Now if only i could write something like this for her.

Placerville, CA

Man, I can't get enough of this third EP.
Such great stuff, cannot wait for the next release

Really reminiscent of Stephen Merritt's stuff.
Have you heard The Gothic Archies?

Last edited by Guardia (Sep 22, 2010 5:07 am)

Ontario, Canada

Thanks, yes I love pretty much anything Stephen Merritt is involved in.  All of these are fairly influenced by his stuff, musically of course, but especially lyrically.  His music seems to contain so many of my favourite things, classic pop songwriting, exploration of many styles/genres, varied and unusual instrumentation, clever, tongue-in-cheek lyrics...

Los Angeles, CA

These are all absolutely incredible. Just fucking wow. Without having looked at the challenges, I heard the first three seconds of Fighting Food with Fire and thought "...dragonforce?" Then the lyrics came and I thought, "Dragonforce!" Total success in every way!!

Neo Jersey

i think this is my favorite of the three. did you do the whole album in 48 hours? or each track in 48 hours? either way its rather impressive. also are you accepting challenges for vol. 4 now?

Ontario, Canada

Each EP in 48 Hours, I always thought one track in 48 Hours was hardly a challenge, I mean that's a lot of hours...but, no, I'm not doing round 4 yet, I'm taking a break to record a "serious" album if you will, and then once that is finished I'll be coming back to this, it won't be in an identical format though.

incredibell! nice albums