Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:10 pm)

I'm excited for more Syphus. If he'd had a physical release for sale at Blip 08 I woulda bought it. Glad to see he's getting an album together. He seems to have disappeared from 8bc/CM/IRC, which is a shame.

This isn't really news though: that video and album announcement have been on his site for at least a month.
Also violin really is like my least favorite instrument. Couldn't we have some nice cello or double bass instead? Even just viola? wink

Minneapolis

Having listened to Syphus for a long long time now, I was getting depressed that he'd given up after not hearing new stuff from him lately. Now this is exciting.

Jessup, Maryland

wow i never imagined someone could make a key-tar look bad ass
sounds great.

Tacoma WA

oh man best news ever!

philly

Syphus is great. Who else shreds like that over such dance-able music? heart I love some of his modules, but I've been wanting to hear something with the live instrumentation on top. I'll be keeping an eye out for the upcoming album.

Liverpool, UK

Don't hold your breath

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 6:45 am)

Liverpool, UK

You can't write music when you're locked in my basement

Newcastle, UK

He's an excellent live performer, I've seen him play 4 or 5 times now, really nice guy too. He's absolutely insane on violin and keytar, one of the highlights for me was his duet with goto80 in Newcastle.

Tacoma WA
Feryl wrote:

@calmdownkidder

28 days ago, he told me he's got about 60% done and should finish the rest before the year is out. So how much do you think he's gotten done now? smile

Hooray!

so damn siked.

calmdownkidder wrote:

dude you need to stop calling that school girl you keep locked in the basement syphus.  its confusing her even more than being locked in a basement by a weird english guy.  she has no idea what a tracker is or what you expect her to do with all those old computers you keep putting in front of her.

IL, US
Feryl wrote:

@calmdownkidder

28 days ago, he told me he's got about 60% done and should finish the rest before the year is out. So how much do you think he's gotten done now? smile

Hooray!

you may be completely fucking insane, for reference

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Fuck yeah

Liverpool, UK
infradead wrote:
calmdownkidder wrote:

dude you need to stop calling that school girl you keep locked in the basement syphus.  its confusing her even more than being locked in a basement by a weird english guy.  she has no idea what a tracker is or what you expect her to do with all those old computers you keep putting in front of her.

"Weird" is a bit extreme, don't you think? Words hurt, man sad

Scotland

Syphus Syndrome:

In psychology, Syphus syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors, believing themselves to be Newcastle-based musician, Syphus, mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of acceptance into the chip music scene.

Melbourne, Australia
infradead wrote:

Thank you! Very early start this morning and this made me laugh so hard my co-workers gave me "looks"