Los Angeles

If you get the hum, the best solution for me was that rechargeable battery pack thats described in the 2nd post. The ac psu plugs into the battery pack and doesn't use the onboard plug. I got one from nonfinite.

Missouri

That's nice. I'll look into that. Restrict my batteries to a live situation only.

Last edited by Rad_Gravity (Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm)

Rad_Gravity wrote:
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

Never ever experienced any flakeyness with my rechargable batteries. Most of my batteries are 2700mAh which gives me a good amount of lsdj time.

I've done pro audio for years as a profession, this is just a preference. I've had a rough time with rechargables in mics and such.

I've mostly dealt with battery powered mics when working on musicals; the transmitters for the actors lavalier mics. I indeed use standard non-rechargable batteries for that. But that's mostly to cut down work and expenses.
For consumer, home usage I see no problem using rechargables. But we all have different likings of course. smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'm a professional pro audio guy too - we use rechargeables for wireless theater mics. Never had a problem as long as we use a decent charging pattern (which is hard for theater). I've had even better luck at home with eneloop type batteries than with the more normal Energizer ones we have at work.

Besides, I'm just really not willing to use normal batteries in my GBs as I don't really consider it an option to generate that much garbage as a result of my art.

Missouri
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
Rad_Gravity wrote:

I've done pro audio for years as a profession, this is just a preference. I've had a rough time with rechargables in mics and such.

I've mostly dealt with battery powered mics when working on musicals; the transmitters for the actors lavalier mics. I indeed use standard non-rechargable batteries for that. But that's mostly to cut down work and expenses.
For consumer, home usage I see no problem using rechargables. But we all have different likings of course. smile

I can agree with that. big_smile

any chance someone could post a link to a power supply that would get the job done?
jameco or mouser or something like that?
THANKS!

Yes, i have recently bought the gameboy battery pack.  it gives a pretty distinctive buzzing noise and whenever you use the battery or the charger through the battery pack.  it is also called the dmg-03 I think and i bought mine on ebay for about 15 bucks.  When you install prosound it should go away. (the buzzing) smile