SLC, UT

The weird thing is that my quest to find awesome vintage video games made me realize one of the greatest life lessons I may ever experience: Mediocrity in any form will never be remembered. I don't even like modern games. Except maybe Shadow Complex (which really isn't that modern, it's just like Metroid 2000) I consider my 360 to be a complete waste of money. Although I do like a smashing round of Halo with my friends, but I'd be caught dead before I was caught playing that atrocity alone.

Edit: Antonyms are an important part of life.

Last edited by stargazer (Nov 11, 2010 8:32 pm)

Westfield, NJ
stargazer wrote:

I consider my 360 to be a complete waste of money.

That's what you get for buying an xbox. Between the Wii and the DSi, I have some really good modern games that I won't soon forget.

Philly, PA, USA
Decktonic wrote:
stargazer wrote:

I consider my 360 to be a complete waste of money.

That's what you get for buying an xbox. Between the Wii and the DSi, I have some really good modern games that I won't soon forget.

well that's taken out of context...

SLC, UT
Decktonic wrote:

Like what? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'd just really like to know some good games. Every time I've played the wii I just ended up getting frustrated and thinking "this would be so much better with a real controller." Although ds is a whole other story. Retro Game Challenge was amazing! Phantom Hourglass was slightly disappointing. My favorite part about Windwaker (other than the graphics) were the sounds people would make. I would literally get to the part where they're launching you in a barrel with a catapult to get into the forsaken fortress and just leave it there because his grunts were so freaking funny. And the merchant ship guy "THAAAANNNK YOOUUUU!!!" Pheonix Wright was alright, New Super Mario Bros. was meh, Mario Kart DS multiplayer was amazing. Although I haven't had a chance to try a DSi/XL yet. How do they compare?

Westfield, NJ
pixls wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

well that's taken out of context...

No, it's not. Read what he wrote. Read what I said. Think about it.

Unsubscribe

OMG GYS THE SATURN IS THE BEST

SLC, UT

And I should mention that the only game for PSP I enjoyed was LocoRoco 1/2. I have the soundtrack.

SLC, UT
herr_prof wrote:

OMG GYS THE SATURN IS THE BEST

HI IM 12 AND WAT IN THE FUQ IS A SATRUN

Westfield, NJ
stargazer wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Like what? I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'd just really like to know some good games. Every time I've played the wii I just ended up getting frustrated and thinking "this would be so much better with a real controller." Although ds is a whole other story. Retro Game Challenge was amazing! Phantom Hourglass was slightly disappointing. My favorite part about Windwaker (other than the graphics) were the sounds people would make. I would literally get to the part where they're launching you in a barrel with a catapult to get into the forsaken fortress and just leave it there because his grunts were so freaking funny. And the merchant ship guy "THAAAANNNK YOOUUUU!!!" Pheonix Wright was alright, New Super Mario Bros. was meh, Mario Kart DS multiplayer was amazing. Although I haven't had a chance to try a DSi/XL yet. How do they compare?

Sure, I'll tell you.

The funny thing about Wii games is that most of the ones I really like use classic controls... quite a few of the recent ones actually use NES style controls even though they are all 3D and modern. On the Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii is great. Even if you have the DS version. Single player is fun, but it's the multiplayer that rules. I've had friends over that were complete noobs when it comes to videogames, as well as some that grew up with all the Mario games, and we've always had crazy fun with it. It's just a totally new experience. Other games I consider memorable... Kirby's Epic Yarn, A Boy and His Blob (it's a remake, and very good), Metroid: Other M (so much better than the Prime series IMO), Zelda: Twilight Princess (like no other Zelda game before it), and I really like Tatsunoko vs Capcom though that's just another cheesy fighting game. I still consider some of the motion controls to be memorable, but that's mostly because it's a new game style and not because they are amazing games, expect for Wii Sports Resort which has some stellar game modes. On the DS, yes, I love Retro Game Challenge, but you are missing out on a few... I have to say that the Professor Layton series is amazing, as well as the Space Invaders Extreme games, Rhythm Heaven, Elite Beat Agents, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. These are all games that I consider to be quite memorable... there are others I enjoy a lot but I won't mention. It's also funny that while I have lots of software for DS and Wii, I play the DS more, and I've been satisfied with way more of my DS purchases than my Wii purchases.

As for DSi, I love it for the download ware. There's some good stuff to get. PiCTOBiTS is the big winner for me, I mean, it's absolutely mindblowing, and then there's Hard-Hat Domo which is also very unique. Don't get an XL if you want something that will fit in your pocket.

SLC, UT

Have you played the original A Boy and His Blob? Does the remake fix the problem of having no idea what to do? I remember how Twilight Princess got a higher rating on GameCube than Wii.....facepalm nintendo. I never really got a chance to play Layton as I sold my ds before they really came out. It looked fun though. And yeah, space invaders extreme is pretty dang cool. Other games that you won't mention.......say Pokemon? Hehe. Ant pictobits looks pretty cool, like tetris in reverse or something. Oh yeah, Tetris DS isn't really anything new but it's awesome.

stargazer wrote:

It's pretty red....the red tablecloth doesn't help the fact that my camera isn't that great. There's no such thing as a pink DMG is there?

Ah, i see.
Well, there might be a pink DMG. Nobody ever saw one, but there was one in a picture from a nintendo advertisement way back.. So it's a bit of a holy grail thing.

East Kilbride, Scotland
Timbob wrote:
stargazer wrote:

It's pretty red....the red tablecloth doesn't help the fact that my camera isn't that great. There's no such thing as a pink DMG is there?

Ah, i see.
Well, there might be a pink DMG. Nobody ever saw one, but there was one in a picture from a nintendo advertisement way back.. So it's a bit of a holy grail thing.

I'm pretty much positive that the pink Game Boy was a hoax and that was cleared up already.

Sycamore Drive wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Ah, i see.

I'm pretty much positive that the pink Game Boy was a hoax and that was cleared up already.

I want to believe tongue

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i actually collect those cases. i have bought dmg's on ebay just for the case.
they are awesome. with a little alcohol and elbow grease, yew can remove those
stickers on the back side and have a 100% transparent case.

Timbob wrote:
Sycamore Drive wrote:

I want to believe tongue

i don't, because then i will HAVE to own it!