Bath, SW

Hey CHIP people! This is the new artwork to my upcoming chiptune album. Would love to know what you think of it.

Tracks to be put on the album so far, some old some new:-

Forgive The Chase
Damage
Beatdown
Rave Arcade
Deadlines and Dancefloors
Take My Wing
Kid Revenge

+ a few previously unreleased

Last edited by Labcoat and mac (Jan 16, 2010 5:09 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland

My honest opinion of the cover. I would rather have no cover than use that.
There are a whole bunch of great pixel artists, please get one of them to make you some artwork.

Bath, SW

Really! ok.... well I really like it so am going to use it. Although it wouldn't hurt to see what someone else might produce. Any one you can suggest?

southampton, uk
Labcoat and mac wrote:

Really! ok.... well I really like it so am going to use it. Although it wouldn't hurt to see what someone else might produce. Any one you can suggest?

I think it is unreasonable to ask someone to produce some work unless you are seriously going to take it into consideration...

Bath, SW

I would of course take any work sent my way into consideration. Otherwise I wouldn't ask... I didn't suggest that I would ask someone and not use it

This is kind of getting off topic... I'm using this post to get some constructive criticism on the cover I have made. If you straight up don't like it, that's fine! but please put it nicely and offer some advice.

Thanks

p.s If anyone thinks I have done a wack job of the album cover and thinks they might be able to fashion something better please get in touch with me either on here or on myspace.com/labcoatandmac

Last edited by Labcoat and mac (Jan 17, 2010 12:22 am)

southampton, uk
Labcoat and mac wrote:

I would of course take any work sent my way into consideration. Otherwise I wouldn't ask...

I said serious consideration, as in "It would be nice to see others work so I could take it into consideration" rather than "It wouldnt hurt"

Corpus Christi, Texas

Dexter, why should he dump his art to take one someone else will make?
They might make a terrible cover and he would be stuck using that one.
"It would be nice to see others work so I could take it into consideration" and "It wouldnt hurt" are bsically the same thing.
Nit-picky much?

I like the cover alright, the only thing that bothers me is the cat person.
I think either make it black or take it out all together.
In fact, i would be really fond of the cover art without the cat.

astral cat

sorry but i have to agree with people here.. the album art is pretty horrible.

Bath, SW

Thanks Koze, the cat person is actually me. My friend photoshopped a tiger on my head smile It did look very dynamic before adding that so will think about it. Wanted some colour on the cover though because the music is quite colourful...

@an-cat-max: can i ask what you don't like about it? Or is it just horrible.? lolocaust

astral cat

i don't like the messy (i assume) saw wave through the middle of it, i don' t like the tiger head you with the saturation effect on it, i don't like how the tiger you is so light against a white background and the font sort of looks like it's broken. sorry! D:

Newcastle, UK

tbh I like the artwork, and I'm looking forward to hearing this big_smile

London

good lad shonen!

London

labcoat and mac is an incredible electro chip artist. this is well worth checking out! im very much sure the music will make up for the cover tongue

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

When I listen to an album I rate it on the cover art and track names as well as the music, a work of art has multiple facets. So the cover would most likely ruin the album for me. But if the album is mostly chip-infused and not RAW LSDJ NO POST PRODUCTION then I guess it works.

Also, you better hope you have good hair.

Bath, SW

haha thanks shonen and shirobon. Means a lot, but I feel I need to work on the cover. I do aim to please, which this cover does not. Also thanks an-cat-max... I do honestly agree with most of your opinions. Also Reteris, I'm not sure whether to add any post production chiptune yet so, yeah not sure about that.

So does anyone know anyone who may be interested in designing a cover for me? Or know someone who is good that I could approach?

PDX

Dude, make a cover that expresses yourself and the album. If that one does it, then it's fine. There is definitely room for improvement design wise, but who cares if people don't like your album cover. If anything, your album will be known as "the Cheetah McFly" album and people will listen to it out of sheer morbid curiosity. It looks no more ridiculous than the countless 80s and Italo LPs I have lying around. \\

I don't really like the floating colored pixels - I think only the guy from Cheetahmen II should be colored and the gray subtext can go. I'd gladly take a stab at a redesign.

Last edited by RushCoil (Jan 20, 2010 8:57 pm)