I'm a semi newbie, sorry if this question is as such.

I have a brand new LSDJ cart ordered from nonfinite.
Is it possible using USB to transfer an MML file to the cart?

Note: currently when hooking up the cart via USB to my computer
The disk (cart) does not show up. Am I missing some software?

Thanks gang!

You need to convert your MML into Z80 assembler code, and then assemble it into a ROM.

Got it! Thanks so much. Any good ROM creators for the MAC? Or is a PC thing. Ether way is good.

Background: I'm creating the song in midi then converting to MML.

rochester, ny
PJ Pooterhoots wrote:

Got it! Thanks so much. Any good ROM creators for the MAC? Or is a PC thing. Ether way is good.

Background: I'm creating the song in midi then converting to MML.

have you thought about getting an arduinoboy?

uhajdafdfdfa

MML to GBS
http://jiggawatt.org/muzak/xpmck/manual.html

GBS to GB
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/

maybe xpmck can make gb straight away (it should) but better safe than sorry

XPMCK can make MML source into a GB straight away.  Also, there's no way to get your source into LSDJ, just get it on the cart as a stand alone ROM.

rochester, ny

what are the advantages of using MML to make gameboy music as compared to using something like lsdj?

i understand lsdj has a lot of interactive features and if you made mml into a gameboy rom that it would lack those features, but let's ignore that. i have no mml experience but i've heard you can do more with it.

nickmaynard wrote:

what are the advantages of using MML to make gameboy music as compared to using something like lsdj?

i understand lsdj has a lot of interactive features and if you made mml into a gameboy rom that it would lack those features, but let's ignore that. i have no mml experience but i've heard you can do more with it.

You can cross compile your source code to a different platform with relatively little effort.  You can also have a much larger sample bank as you don't have to worry about anything being built into an LSDJ ROM, the samples are just kept in a folder in your workspace.  You also are not restricted to a tracker-like environment for your composition which is a god-send for some of us.  Also, it's worth mentioning that there is very little that you can do in LSDJ that you can't do in XPMCK due to my request of waveform macros which allows LSDJ-style waveform changes.

uhajdafdfdfa
Beware wrote:

there is very little that you can do in LSDJ that you can't do in XPMCK

LIVE MODE

live mode is important to people who play live
many people also will hate the idea of not being able to hear their song as they make it

matt's mind

what Beware said......  getting your MML song 'into' LSDJ isn't gonna work.  rather, you'll be creating a GB ROM, which is what you'll load to the cart.  If you are wanting to playback MML, LSDJ won't be part of that process....

UK
ant1 wrote:

MML to GBS
http://jiggawatt.org/muzak/xpmck/manual.html

GBS to GB
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/

maybe xpmck can make gb straight away (it should) but better safe than sorry

Thank-you wget -m.

Unsubscribe

The op isnt as dumb a question as you'd think.. What about making an EMS multicart with gbs mml and LSDJ on it!

Seattle, WA
Beware wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

You can cross compile your source code to a different platform with relatively little effort.  You can also have a much larger sample bank as you don't have to worry about anything being built into an LSDJ ROM, the samples are just kept in a folder in your workspace.  You also are not restricted to a tracker-like environment for your composition which is a god-send for some of us.  Also, it's worth mentioning that there is very little that you can do in LSDJ that you can't do in XPMCK due to my request of waveform macros which allows LSDJ-style waveform changes.

Alas, XPCMK doesn't support samples for gameboy... yet?

Russia

Tell me please can lsdj tracks (may be lsdjsng) be converted to MML?

Unsubscribe

only by hand. Transcription style.

Chicago IL

i actually heard there was an lsdsong to mml compiler that johan wrote but he lost it

well not really heard it, he told me