rallyj wrote:

Add a typical 4/4 beat
Go to the wave channel and put dots all over the place.
Write a bass line and see what happens from there.

You get a bass line with lots of harmonics over a typical 4/4 beat?
tongue

Hoxton, London UK

I used to keep everything spaced apart on the main screen so it loops until changed. It was all a bit of a mess but parts like the chorus or bridges were always aligned. This kept the fingers busy on stage.
Now i just write in song mode, with chains containing 4 phrases always... to give more freedom for doing other stuff, electribe/kaoss etc.. or pretending to hit buttons big_smile

Although the former method allowed me to mix songs from left to right DMG to keep a continuous sound going.

Spokompton
Shriker wrote:

Although the former method allowed me to mix songs from left to right DMG to keep a continuous sound going.

I read this sentence about 5 times and I thought I was close to understanding it, but I never quite did.

Chicago, IL
Shriker wrote:

@undergroundclouds: He uses two DMG's, I believe.

Anahiem, CA
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
rallyj wrote:

Add a typical 4/4 beat
Go to the wave channel and put dots all over the place.
Write a bass line and see what happens from there.

You get a bass line with lots of harmonics over a typical 4/4 beat?
tongue

Sounds about right big_smile

Boulder, CO

PU1 PU2 WAV NOI
00    10    20     30
01    11    21     31
02    12    22     32
etc.

Basically goes like this:
00s 40s 80s C0s for PU1
10s 50s 90s D0s for PU2
20s 60s A0s E0s for WAV
30s 70s B0s F0s for NOI

This makes it really easy for me to remember which number represents which chain.

I split it up for live mode and the numbers are rarely sequential since I tend to write tracks from the middle outward.

AANABAY01

i don't bother formatting anymore i just drag it straight into ze recycle bin

Godzilladelph
TraceKaiser wrote:

I used to have all chains full of phrases - now I have 4 phrases a chain. Makes it easier to play back only certain parts an stuff.
Causes a bit of confusion when going back to older songs though and seeing like no chains, hahah.

this actually. most of the melodies in my tunes live in 8bars, so if i cut up 4bars (phrases) a chain i can add a bit of variation occasionally for fun

Hoxton, London UK
undergroundclouds wrote:
Shriker wrote:

I read this sentence about 5 times and I thought I was close to understanding it, but I never quite did.

Posted that being overtired language especially not the function. Words together overall sense make