lolusa
Wizwars wrote:

I'd prefer things to be more centrally located, but realistically, this venue is nine miles from the heart of Downtown LA and it's incredibly easy to get to either via car or bus. The main promoter of this show lives in the San Gabriel Valley so I'm assuming that's why he tends to book shows out there. It probably also comes down to cost, venue size, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

I kind of hate the LA mentality of "if something isn't downtown or in Hollywood it's too far away". I live in Norwalk and everything is far away for me because I don't drive. I'd prefer that shows happen in Norwalk or Downey but if I started setting them up people would bitch about how far away it was, even though it's like 14 miles down the 5 from LA.

know the feeling all to well.
With the show i played, it was a little outside of hollywood and still had a pretty decent turn out.
Regardless: the more shows the better.

Los Angeles, CA
Saskrotch wrote:

that sounds fucking awesome! but who is evil wezil and why is he top billed?

I look at my face in the mirror every morning and ask myself the same thing.

As far as the location goes- the artists did not put this together, it was put together FOR us by our friends at GM4A, and we sure as shit aren't gonna say NO to somebody doing all the brunt work of organizing our shit for us... (especially when the venue is 5 minutes from my work...) We're more than grateful to our hosts for having us, it'll be a great show, yadda yadda and stuff.

We have been in talks about getting the general LA scene better organized, finding a good place to have regular if not monthly events in a more densely populated location. We certainly have the manpower for it, and awesome shows like this will serve as further motivation to do fun music thing stuff and whatnot, boy howdy.

Do feel free to pester us about it on a regular basis though. I say this without any sarcasm. I do sincerely hope that 2011 will be the year LA "Blows Up" as the whacked up kids are saying, since that leaves us one full year of awesome before the apocalypse.

West Covina, CA, US

Thanks for promoting the show Wiz! The concert is this Friday and doors open a bit before 7PM. Be sure to grab the presale tickets since they are only ten bucks and the door charge is 15. The link to presale tickets is http://gallerynucleus.com/event/291 Hope to see some of you folks make it out to the concert!

Los Angeles, CA

Hey Genoboost! I haven't heard back from you since your first e-mail. I'm still videoing and demoing, right?

West Covina, CA, US

Shows tomorrow!