Hi, I am new to this board and as I have a problem with chipmusic and this is a good place to ask about it, this is the first place I am looking for help. I am engaged in producing a game and I would need to make the soundtracks for it. For this, I am looking for the best collection of samples, for making game music, that you may know, but it need to be free. There are a big collection of free samples on the net, but the majority is about drums, and I would need something more diverse. My game is a classic platformer game, and I would need to write funny, "fantasy" music like the nintendo mario games.

Thanks.

PS. Sorry, I dont know english enough to write perfectly. sad

WOW MAN!

I predict that this won't end well.

Chicago IL
neilbaldwin wrote:

San Luis Obispo, CA

What is this I don't ev... not going to finish the thought.

Saskrotch wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

Last edited by Crystal Labs (Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am)

Sydney AUS

Wow I know a really great song you could use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsCtJc6sVAA

New York City

You should commission a musician to do the music for you instead.
*trying to keep it productive*
Habla espaƱol?
Fala portugues?
Deutsche Sie sprachen?
tongue

Whats the problem, guys? Why cant you just help me to find a solution for my problem? Sorry, in any way I want to fight with you or anybody, but what you are doing? If you are happy with what you know about right or wrong, live with it. But I think that if you believed a bit about yourself, you didnt would be doing this, and you would be more polite and less egoist. I would give a clue to you -- you are wrong.

Nomad's Land

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/136/t … d-samples/

www.freesound.org

and now please /thread before shit is really going down.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Jan 21, 2011 2:09 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Everybody calm down, ok?
L.J., he reason people are upset is that too often people who need music for a video, or a game or whatever it might be just pick a random track and don't ask or even credit the artist. So there's a bit of a zero tolerance against that. So, first rule, always ask before using a sample unless it was obviously meant to be shared.

New York City
Leandro Jardim wrote:

Whats the problem, guys? Why cant you just help me to find a solution for my problem? S

I *just* gave you a solution. Work with a musician.
You don't want to acknowledge it and your last message is insulting, rather than mine.

Philly, PA, USA

What is your native language, because there's probably someone who speaks it, your thoughts aren't coming across terribly clearly in your english.

Sorry to you all! smile I speak portuguese, but as you can see my english is very bad. Sorry Akira, I really didnt saw your post. Now I can see that everything was a big mistake. Sorry.

I dont want to borrow stuff done by others. I need to put some music in my game but I want to do it by myself. I am looking here for sampled instruments to use in my tracks, but I know samples are copyrighted, so I would like to give credit, too.

I am looking only for that artificial, fun analog instruments like that used in platform fantasy games. Thats because I want to make classic game music like seen on the Nes, C64 and Megadrive fantasy games. Nothing very original, more cute than spectacular, really.

I am looking only for free collections, because I cannot afford to pay for one.  I have found many collections on the web, but they have a limited set of drums, doesnt have any chords or doesnt have any special efects like vibrato and metallic (like that cracks and keymakers found on dubious sites).

Last edited by Leandro Jardim (Jan 21, 2011 8:39 pm)

Melbtown, Lolstralia

The link posted earlier

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/136/t … d-samples/

contains links to little-scales sample packs... these are note based samples from a variety of consoles and should be exactly what you are looking for.

Florida

I really don't understand why some of you guys feel the need to be a jerk to this guy. He's just asking for advice.

Philly, PA, USA
Leandro Jardim wrote:

doesnt have any chords or doesnt have any special efects like vibrato and metallic (like that cracks and keymakers found on dubious sites).

What are you using to make the music? because a lot of sample based trackers you can make your own chords from the notes you have and also apply your own effects

Edit, also if you need help with english you may want to ask Locks, he can be a bit of an ass, but he's portuguese and his english is very good. He's not on the forums too much but he is often on irc as L

Last edited by pixls (Jan 22, 2011 5:37 am)

As Akira said before, it'd probably be best to work with a musician.

It'd be much easier and there are plenty of people who'd work for free or cheap and produce some excellent stuff.