NJ

This thread has now been changed to keep y'all updated of as much possible happening on the week / weekend of Blip Festival 2011 in NY (USA).  Party on.

Can't wait to see you guys and have awesomely forgetful nights together again!  BEER FESTIVAL 2011!

Sabrepulse Record Release will be on May 17th - Babycastles in Brooklyn.  More info here:  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195505647159101

Pre-Blip Open Mic / 2010 TCTD Awards will be on MAY 18th 2011 - and will be hosted at The Tank.  More info regarding sign-up and time is on the TCTD website, just make sure you are in town a day before Blip to check out the great slew of artists in town that won't be performing the festival!  TCTD Awards hosted by Bud Melvin with musical performances by SHRIMPS and Trash80 :  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4061/ … -open-mic/

HEXAWE All-Stars Piggy Party is on May 22 (Sunday after Blip) :  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4041/ … all-stars/

After Party May 22 (Sunday after Blip) at Midnight (after the Hexawe Party) at Public Assembly in Brooklyn NY.  Info to be announced during Blip Festival, please ask around wink

I/O Chip Music NYC - Post Blip (Hangover) Edition! is on May 23 (Monday after Blip) :  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3850/ … talore-21/

Last edited by facundo (May 6, 2011 10:34 am)

IT HAS BEGUN

LET IT NEVER END

FlashHeart

Hey Facundo, thanks for starting this.

As facundo has correctly said, after party / auxiliary gigs are already in the planning stages. The usual suspects are involved, including myself and Ian Cofre. The Cheese and Beer crew are clearly also hard at work and I wouldn't be surprised if i/O is scheming away. The important thing is that we are coordinating our plans carefully so as not to fuck anything up. And we all have wonderful ideas and surprises.

I can only speak for myself here but I'd appreciate it if people didn't immediately bombard me with emails asking to play. The annual late-night dance party is very specifically curated and, if you know me and Ian, you know that we usually invite people who have played Blip Festivals in the past and have made our legs sore from dancing.

Other gigs/open mics/ ice cream socials are being planned and I'm only directly involved in one of them, which has a very strict specific criteria for performers. We'll contact YOU if you fit that ONE criteria. Feel free to guess but I ain't saying another word. Except this: "sex."

Cambridge UK

Hey guys, can we have an awesome post-Blip at Public Assembly again? Or Santos Party House? I love Santos.
I also loved the Pianos matinée. I suspect cheap as fuck supersized frozen margaritas had something to do with it, though.

Cambridge UK

I am also partial to any place that won't give me a hard time letting me in/drink with my yy/mm/dd frenchie ID. Yes, I am looking at you, Bell House gorilla goons.

epic

FlashHeart

Trust the New York City chip promoter crews like you would a harmless cuddly bunny that also happens to be an expert professor of booking shows. We know what we're doing and we won't let you down.

Also - someone (not me) should rent a diner for a massive post-blip pancake BRKFST.

Or just one giant pancake

edit: FUCK, this is a giant pizza! Damn it!!

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 2, 2011 2:41 am)

NJ

natty, how do you feel about BRQFST (baroquefast)

BOSTON
Battle Lava wrote:

Or just one giant pancake

edit: FUCK, this is a giant pizza! Damn it!!

i dunno, the giant pizza seems like an improvement to me

FlashHeart
facundo wrote:

natty, how do you feel about BRQFST (baroquefast)

Actually, BRQFST stands for Baroque Festival. It's a celebration of chiptune...you guessed it... BAROQUE MUUUUUUSIIIIIICCCCCC!

PDX, PDX

everyone is eating pancakes, be it by choice or consequence

BRQFST is what i celebrate after a rough night of gambling

The Mountains

Kids, either shut the fuck up or post more pictures of giant pizzas

Or, talk about shows

Chicago IL

i think i'm gonna be there this time

Liverpool, UK
Natty wrote:

Other gigs/open mics/ ice cream socials are being planned and I'm only directly involved in one of them, which has a very strict specific criteria for performers. We'll contact YOU if you fit that ONE criteria. Feel free to guess but I ain't saying another word. Except this: "sex."

You don't have to organise a party specifically for me to play - but I appreciate it, all the same.