San Francisco

my x would be too embraced to tell her friends she would say "um... he makes music...." "what kind..." "he uses gameboys and things..."

then she would promptly change the subject.

))<>((

"techno-ie"

lol.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
alex_mauer wrote:

and the usual response is:
"i didnt know that was possible... so what... i can play mario with his music in it?"

that would be a fun project, rom hack to have your own music in a game.

Liverpool, UK

Mine makes music with me

(IT'S MY HAND, THAT'S THE JOKE LOL)

Québec
yuh wrote:

she doesnt know! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Newcastle, UK

She calls it chiptune, and if they don't know what chiptune is we high five and yell "hipster victory!"

But srsly, she just calls it music on a gameboy. (omgzzz)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

my wife simply refers to it as "madness"
lulz...

BK

shit

AANABAY01

the only relationships i've been in are the ones where we don't tell anyone else

brighton, uk

I dont know how she explains it to friends, but she enjoys it, and finds it interesting, especially my disko/french house stuff.
She wants to make amiga/xm music like tempest/grg with me. Good taste? big_smile

Wheeling, WV

I don't know what is worse, the fact that my girlfriend is constantly dissing my music or the fact that she doesn't exist.

I don't have a significant other. Heh, I really started to work on music more once I broke up with my last girlfriend (2 or 3 years ago? I don't know.). I've had plenty of moments trying to explain it to friends though. Only the closest of my friends really cares about it though. The others are just like "are you listening to that chiptune crap again? damn is that weird...".

I actually explained how I make music on a computer to some girl in my art class today. Basically, I drew up renoise's keyboard layout and said I vertically sequence the notes. I was surprised to hear she didn't even know that people made music on computers yet all she really listens to is rap with autotune in it. hmm

DE TRT

I'm with arlen on that, though people I tell still don't understand how a piano keyboard can be on a computer keyboard -.-'
I guess one of my friends describes it as... (she was talking to me and bitching me out about how bad chipmusic is).

"you only make shitty 40 second songs that go beep boop."

Wheeling, WV
Pompei wrote:

Please make this a blurb on your professional bio.

Finland
Pompei wrote:

Hahahah, awesome.

Tacoma WA

one year later with a 9 month old in the house we are so busy and hardly ever get out so that it never comes up

lol